• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR-A1 help

saleen

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
Some time ago I bought an FN SPR-A1 rifle (non fluted, .308 with hinged plate) because I wanted one and they were drying up. I never shot it much, but eventually mounted a Leupold Mk 4 scope on it (3.5-10x w/ TMR reticle and M3 turrets) using Badger rings, and I finished it off with a Harris 6-9" bipod.

For the most part, the rifle has just sat around and until Friday I never shot it at more than 100 yards. Friday, however, I had a buddy invite me to the 600 yards line and I was really, really happy with how this rifle shot. Once I figured out the come-up for the load, it was almost rediculously easy to hold it in the 10 ring. The last two groups held right at one MOA which is better than I ever expected.

As happy as I am with the rifle, I'd like to lighten the trigger a bit. I would imagine that there is an adjustment for this, but the manual has nothing about it and I haven't found anything in a number of searches. So, rather than jumping in and having at it by trial and error, I thought I'd see if anyone here could point me in the right direction.

The load used was 175gr Berger VLDs seated to 2.80 in FC match brass with CCI BR primers and 43g of Varget.

Thanks,
Saleen