• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR A2 300 WSM Rifle

CDAT

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2006
Lampasas Texas
Below is the newest addition to my collection. Specs are as follows:

FN SPR A2 in 300 WSM w/Mac A4 Stock
MK 4 6.5-20 Scope (M5 Knobs, FFP, & TMR)
RAD Muzzle Brake
Harris Bipod

Thanks to Mike, at Tactical Coordination for the rifle, and Randy, at R&D Precision for the Muzzle Break. Found both these fine professionals through this forum. It was a pleasure doing business with both of you.

This is my second FN rifle--- aquired an FN SPR A1 in 308 earlier this year and liked it so well that when I decided I needed (wife rolls eyes at this point) a 300 WSM it was a no brainer.

I've been working on some loads, using 175 and 190 SMKs, and to date the 175 with 65 grains of IMR 4350 seems to be working well out to 1000 yards. Still working on a 190 SMK load.

CDAT

010.jpg

Re: FN SPR A2 300 WSM Rifle

I wonder what barrel life will be like with the chrome barrel

Nice looking rifle! I do so love that FN SPR action. Not sure why the rem 700 action is so popular as the FN SPR has it beat in my book.

Just my .02cents...
cool.gif

Very nice rifle! For my Rem 700 in 300 WSM the load that has worked really well is SMK 175 behind 63g IMR4350 (shoots 8-9" groups at 1000yd on good day), not too much different than yours. I also will be working up the 190s in the near future.
Anxious to hear how the 190 works in your rifle.