• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN-SPR bottom metal

oldreliable45120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2009
Long Island NY
I'm looking to replace the factory DBM system with something that holds more rounds. My rifle has the A4 stock and I hate the factory mag system. I've seen pictures of the same rifle with bottom metal that excepts AICS mags. Any help will be helpful, thanks.

Re: FN-SPR bottom metal

CDI Precision Gunworks is the place you're looking for...

A quick search would yield many hits...

Will this setup work with an SPR that has the floorplate or the DBM?

Thanks,
HomeSlice

Either--but BOTH will have to be properly inletted and the action slightly machined.

OOHHHH

Thanks for the heads-up. I was under the impression this was something I could do myself. New to the precision rifle thing and still researching...

How much work for a good gunsmith to do this?

Thanks,
-Slice

Not much work at all. My smith bedded the bottom metal as well. The CDI bottom metal is top notch, I love mine.

I spoke with Jeff about this and he says that his DBM is based off of the FN factory DBM inletting with slight modifications to the mag well portion.

From this picture you can see that the front tang of the DBM is rectangular in shape compared to the standard hinged floorplate that is rounded off.

pix145827765.jpg

Here is picture of the Williams one piece bottom metal that FN is using. You can see how much more rounded off it is.

Pre-64ITW.jpg

Hope this helps out.

I have the FN PBR with DBM, and I have the CDI unit also, it mostly fits the inlett but seems to need some minor work. I didnt get to much into it when I was home short of just piddling with it. But it doesnt look like it needs much work

the cdi unit
DSCN09042.JPG