• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fn spr handload?

chevytruck_83

Student of the sport
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
I have a fn spr a5 on its way. Looking for recipes on whats been working for you guys. I had one and sold it a little while back that I had good luck with 125 tnt and 175 smk

Dude...it’s a freaking 308...this ain’t rocket science. 175... Varget...lather rinse repeat

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Yup...try 43 - 44 grains Varget at 2.810 C.O.L. and I bet you find your sweet spot.

More of a reloading forum question, but to add to the above 42.0gr IMR 4064 and a 175 mk will shoot in....anything.

My SPR for whatever reason loved 46.6gr Alliant 2000mr and the 175TMK at 2.820. I think it was FC brass, but it stacked them. Also the the best SDs I have ever had.

Reactions: Dan M
I quit reloading for mine. The crome lined barrel never allowed for much better than FGMM did. 3/4 average with FGMM, slightly less with reloads. At $17 a box (on sale) kinda hard to justify reloading then. Just my experience, food for thought. Hope this helps.

I quit reloading for mine. The crome lined barrel never allowed for much better than FGMM did. 3/4 average with FGMM, slightly less with reloads. At $17 a box (on sale) kinda hard to justify reloading then. Just my experience, food for thought. Hope this helps.

This will likely be what I end up doing as well. I figured I’d give cheap prepped brass and bulk bullets a try first. Since the gun and cartridge have been out for a very long time I thought it would be worth asking. I found a 223 recipe for my ar that shoots frequently under an inch at 200 yards using the cheapest bullets and brass I could find. Thats really the motivation behind buying this gun. Getting back to simple for fun.

My FN SPR shoots well with pretty much everything.
Choose the bullet that will meet your needs and grab any of the common powders.
I've used a ton of IMR4064 in mine, because I had a few 8lb kegs of it.

I've shot 0.5moa groups with 155gr palmas, 168gr Amax/Zmax, 168gr TMK, 185gr Juggernauts, 190gr SMK.
I've almost exhausted my supply of all the 168gr's that I had, but I have a fantastic load for the 155gr Palmas and I bought about 2000 of them really cheap a few years back....so that's what will fill the range bag for the next couple of years.

I'm using a load book recommended charge of RL15 with the 155's.
I don't get hung up on trying to find a super tiny group with the .308win.....I use it for positional practice and for recoil control practice.
Regards,
Ross