• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR rifle

ret

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2009
I do not read much about these anywhere, including here. Any specific reasons?

ret

Re: FN SPR rifle

i was curious about this myself...there are a couple of these for sale on here and they look killer, wonder how they stack up?

Try this Snipers Hide Google Search.

They have been talk about to great length, but some of the treads may have not made it through the last forum update.

I have both a 308 and 300 WSM, both shoot well and group under moa at 100 yards. With each ones favored load, groups under 1/2 moa are not difficult (.3's with my 300 wsm) from a bench or prone at the same distance.

The Remington action is more popular for any number of reasons. Some maybe due to military contracts, fewer changes to the action over the years, vast aftermarket parts, custom shops that only work on Remington actions and Remington's generally cheaper price tag are a few that come to mind. There is no reason not to own one. It often turns into a GM vs. Ford argument. It all in what you like...

I have had mine for about 9 months now. About 650 rounds down the tube. I like it better than my 700...I like the positive bolt feed and the chrome lined bore for cleaning (Quick). I get about 1/2 moa on my good days. the trigger is also very easy to adjust.

I feel that I got most of the extras standard with this rifle for a good price..about $1200. The only negative I have is that it is a bit heavy.

There a more than a few posts on this site about poor customer service from FN for those who have had to return their rifles....

If you are ever in SE PA let me know I will let you take it out for a spin.

Yeah, what Niles said. Seems the Remy's are just more popular. I have one of the SPR's with the A4 stock. I just got the action back from Elite Iron for barrel threading and suppressor timing as well as having Dale set the trigger at a crisp 3lbs. Sent the bolt to GA Precision for the BO tactical handle. After the OFAST shoot later this month, the entire gun is going to GA for installation on my CDI bottom metal and bedding.

As it came from the factory mine is shooting .430 @ 100 with Fed 168 match.
Steve