• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FN SPR Thread Pitch and Diameter?

Re: FN SPR Thread Pitch and Diameter?

1" X 16 from the factory. After I single point them anywhere from 1.070 to 1.074 X 16.

Here's one I did for J-Ham here on the Hide:

20z4507.jpg

Yes, it's 1.00" x 16 TPI. I've done several builds on the FN action and its a good, solid, platform and a hell of a value for the money. The extractor cut is a little tricky until ya figure it out - but no big deal. SR

Hey, I know that guy. Hey, that's my gun. Excellent.

Anyone know if a Savage varmint barrel is big enough in the shank to be cut back and rethreaded to fit on a FN action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krummarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know if a Savage varmint barrel is big enough in the shank to be cut back and rethreaded to fit on a FN action? </div></div>

I have a Savage in the shop awaiting a little tune-up. I'll take it apart and look to see if it's possible to do what you're asking....

Krum,

If the barrel is set up for a barrelnut it will be a no go as the widest part of a barrel nut savage setup is approximately 1.055 " and by the time you lop off the chamber and threads you will have very little to work with and then it will require a custom barrel nut.