• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR / Win 70 compatibility questions

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
I purchased a used FN SPR barreled action not too long for a project. SAC did the action work and installed the barrel. Action has about 6000 rounds on it. I would like to replace the firing pin and springs (or entire assembly).

Do I need to stay with a FN SPR specific products or can I use Winchester model 70 products? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

The FN SPR is nothing more than a post-94 short action CRF model 70 with a different name.

You’ll be good with M70 stuff.

There are plenty of variations of the M70 over the years. There are CRF, push feed, controlled round push feed, long actions, short actions, etc. etc. There are at least two entirely different trigger designs.

The current Win\FN action is called the "short magnum action". I don't know whether it is precisely the same action as the SPR. If your action has it's original trigger it is the M70 two lever.

I don't know what your project consists of but if part of it is a rebarrel, Mark Gordon at SAC may have your actions exact dimensions on hand. He might be able to do a pre-fit even considering the claw extractor. Or not?