• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns FN509 runs out of windage adjustment

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
Got a FN509 and it almost runs out of windage. Anyone on here run into that issue before? Rear sight is adjusted as far as it can go. Probably could move front sight some or split the difference but I’ve never had to move a sight this much on a pistol before. Any thoughts on this? What’s FN’s customer service like as far as timeliness on matters like this??

Attachments

• 84859E83-400F-4395-98FC-E0F201431A3C.jpeg
    84859E83-400F-4395-98FC-E0F201431A3C.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 61
  • 3BED95F4-60FA-49BE-A981-B5534E24A455.jpeg
    3BED95F4-60FA-49BE-A981-B5534E24A455.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 60
Get another pistol shooter to shoot it. When you have to do that it is normally your “natural point of aim” which in a pistol is more influenced by grip and trigger control than by body position like a rifle is.

This will tell you if it is you or the gun.

Reactions: 143lrsd and 92G
Yeah, are you right-handed? Sounds like you're pushing the trigger over. Could try sliding your grip around to get more finger on the trigger and consciously pressing the trigger straight back.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Never really thought about how it fits in my hand and that influencing NPA. I’ll get my brother to shoot it and see what happens. I’ve never had this issue with a number of other pistols so I just assumed something mechanical was at fault.

I struggle to believe that it would be this far out from factory. Sure you do get the occasional QC issue, but as others said, have someone else shoot it.

Also try different ammo. Probably not it, but worth a try.

Sand bag it, only squeeze the trigger when the sights are perfectly aligned, if all your rounds are still printing left the pistol is fubar

The local gunshop i go to has a good fix for checking this. They have one of those lazer pistols with the can that flips over when you shoot it. Anyways i watched him examine a dudes shooting one day and the lazer was very telling. He set him up to shoot the can and we could see where he was pulling the shot over a few tries.

1) As above, get someone else to try.

2) If still off, send it back to the factory. It happens. Not any experience with FN specifically, but seen 3-4 friend's guns be WILDLY off (2 feet in elevation at 15 yards!) and the factory happily fixes it.