• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FNAR & Muzzle Brakes

GhostDog_usa

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2009
Hi guys,

I currently have the FNAR Tactical rifle in the light-barrel version.
rifle1.jpg

I LOVE this rifle, and I am very happy with the accuracy, but I would like to be able to minimize the recoil. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or insight regarding the FNAR and the use of a muzzle brake? The barrel is not threaded but that should be easy enough to fix. My concern is with the gas system.....Will I see any negative effects from a brake? I have heard rumors that it could be problematic. Any facts out there to dispute or confirm the rumors?

Thanks in advance for your help!

G-Dog

Re: FNAR & Muzzle Brakes

I don't think you will have any problems regarding the gas system. Muzzle brakes won't cause any over-gassing problems the way a sound suppressor can. Muzzle brakes usually will increase muzzle blast directed back to the shooter and other on the firing line. Less preceived recoil,more noise. My AR10 and FNFAL carbine have muzzle brakes with no ill effects on the functioning.