• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNG from ND checking in!

pizzadave80

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2023
Fargo ND
Hi Everybody! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

I came across this forum from others in the u/longrange sub over at reddit. I haven't really been much of a forum guy for years because frankly, most are not very mobile phone friendly. So far I have been able to lurk here for a while and took the plunge, even purchasing a scope recently off of here! I look forward to learning from the group and gain some knowledge and just have some fun while I am here. The big reason I am here is because I am taking some steps to shooting long range. I have been a gun lover for give or take 34 years (since a young child). My dad is the reason, as he had a gun store in my hometown basement when I was growing up. He still loves to hunt and shoot, and still works on everybodys guns up there and reloads for several.

I took the plunge into long range with a Howa 1500 barrelled action off Brownells that has a 24" bull barrel, chambered in 6.5CM. Once it is all assembled, it will also have the following: MDT bolt knob, Harris bipod, Athlon Ares ETR scope, Vortex low pro level. I have it all ready to roll, just gotta get after the relaods and get everything mounted once it is in!

Reactions: woogie_man
A fellow member from ND! Where are you shooting at currently?

Have the same rifle that I re-barreled and it shoots great.

A fellow member from ND! Where are you shooting at currently?

Have the same rifle that I re-barreled and it shoots great.
Where do you shoot around the area? This is my first long range setup, and was somewhat kickstarted through a guy through work that does it around here. Hoping maybe I can venture out with him and his buddies sometime. They have a spot they can go out to 1,000 ish or so just north of town on private land.

Reactions: woogie_man
Welcome. I lived across your eastern border for a few years about 1.5 hours from Fargo. Was at the Fargo VA more than I wanted to be but it was actually one of the few good ones. Glad to move back to the southeast, especially hearing about the winter this season, but miss visiting the dakotas for some duck hunting. Nothing else like hunting ducks in the prairie potholes.