• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fng from Washington

Jakeweb09

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
New guy to the hide from Washington, read a lot of threads on here and due time I join the conversation! Been getting into the long range scene the last year and now starting my first custom build! Looking forward to being apart of this community!

am from WA , Issaquah - which side of the mountains?

Awesome! I’m from Cle elum where I grew up, but lived in maple valley area last 8 years and just moved out to enumclaw

Well that makes us neighbors! We’ll have to get together and shoot! We’ve got 600yds at Cascade shooting range in Black Diamond and we get out to distance over east of the mountains.

Reactions: Jakeweb09
Cascade has 600yds available? I didn’t know that.
Anyone here that’s on the west side a member at the Ravensdale club? They have 1000yds+ I believe, but need to be a member to use it and I’ve been on the waiting list for 5+ yrs

Well that makes us neighbors! We’ll have to get together and shoot! We’ve got 600yds at Cascade shooting range in Black Diamond and we get out to distance over east of the mountains.

I’ve looked at that club but can’t even get on the wait list anymore! I shoot often near ellensburg but it’s quite the drive

By Ellensburg meaning Durr Rd area or elsewhere?

Okanogan County ;)

By Ellensburg meaning Durr Rd area or elsewhere?

Okanogan County ;)

been out there a few times yes but only on week days early in the morning, don’t like going there as people are crazy and it’s busy and everyone leaves there junk laying around and I wind up taking a load of trash home..I also go out near Easton often.

Reactions: DIBBS
Anyone here that’s on the west side a member at the Ravensdale club? They have 1000yds+ I believe, but need to be a member to use it and I’ve been on the waiting list for 5+ yrs
Yep 600 at Cascade. Ravensdale club your're referring to is actually Cascade (Cascade Shooting Facilities). Last I heard there was a few year wait to get in. There is not a second club in Ravensdale. There is one in Black Diamond but their standard range is 100yrds. They do have a lower range that can stretch out to 225yds'ish but its only open when trap shooting is closed.

I’ve looked at that club but can’t even get on the wait list anymore! I shoot often near ellensburg but it’s quite the drive
Just realized I said Cascade was in Black Diamond in my post... Oops meant to say Ravensdale. Sorry

We also shoot near Ellensberg. We're out to 1820yds with more available. No, its not location I will post on the internet...
Dont blame ya there! Spots like that are hard to find! We’ve gone around 900 off Durr road, but like I said, it gets crazy and I don’t much care for shooting there with people on all sides of me. Last time we tried we had plates up at 500-600 and a guy pulled up next to us and started shooting the 500 yarder and flipped it around itself. Those sorts of things are the things I try and avoid. Can you even get up there now with all the national forest closures and what not?

Dont blame ya there! Spots like that are hard to find! We’ve gone around 900 off Durr road, but like I said, it gets crazy and I don’t much care for shooting there with people on all sides of me. Last time we tried we had plates up at 500-600 and a guy pulled up next to us and started shooting the 500 yarder and flipped it around itself. Those sorts of things are the things I try and avoid. Can you even get up there now with all the national forest closures and what not?
Best we can tell we are on a combination of State land. Those are closed through mid April as it stands.
Amazed to see Federal lands are closed through freaking SEPTEMBER

Best we can tell we are on a combination of State land. Those are closed through mid April as it stands.
Amazed to see Federal lands are closed through freaking SEPTEMBER

do you know any more details on the closures? Can we go out shed hunting anywhere? Can we shoot in national forest if it’s not a designated recreation area?

do you know any more details on the closures? Can we go out shed hunting anywhere? Can we shoot in national forest if it’s not a designated recreation area?
My understanding is that all lands Federal and State are closed for all use for time frames I posted above.

My understanding is that all lands Federal and State are closed for all use for time frames I posted above.

wow! Going to be a long summer with no shooting! I sure hope things change by elk season!

The devil is in the details, the closure is for developed sites ie campgrounds, trailheads, day use areas. Doesn’t make it not fucking bullshit but there is a lot of undeveloped NF land out there you can still enjoy. I was enjoying some of it yesterday myself there was tons of people out shooting.

Welcome aboard OP.

Edit: here is the order https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd718616.pdf

I just moved to Ravensdale a few years back and have been on the wait-list since. I get to hear the range all day from my yard - but have only shot there a few times on public range days.

How have you been on the waitlist for 5+ years?! I was told by a member that they decided to increase membership this year and a lot of folks from the waitlist would be added. Renewals are in June so that's when we'll hear about the next round of new members admitted and I think I'll be on that list - which is why I'm surprised you've been waiting so long...

I dunno. I haven’t kept up on it.
Maybe at a certain timeframe they drop you?