• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNG to MT here.........

WCraig1968

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2023
Monarch MT
Greetings everyone..........looks like an awesome forum, glad I came across it.

Just retired from the USAMU after 20 years of Service on 1 Aug. Wife and I sold everything in TN and relocated here to beautiful Monarch MT AO.

Looking forward to meeting people here, sharing knowledge and hopefully find some shooting buddies in this area.

Currently looking for good places to shoot and gather data from 1K plus in this region of the state or somewhere within 2-3 hour drive of Monarch.

Walter Craig

Hey Walter, long time man. I heard at Deadzero you were getting close to retiring. Hard to believe it’s been that long since your AEDC/ORSA days.

Don’t have shit to offer for MT advice, short of maybe look up @gebhardt02 . He’s good people.

You picked one of only three or four states I would leave TN for. Let us know how that first winter goes.😏

Chris

True that Chris, seems like 20 years was a blur. MT is absolutely stunning in all aspects. I miss TN but this place gives a whole new perspective on life, I'll never forget where I come from though and those that helped me get my career started back in TN/GA way back in early 2000's.

Walter

Fair chance we’ll end up in MT or Idaho. My son in law is from Pole Bridge and I think he and my daughter want to settle in western MT or northern Idaho when he’s done with his Army time.

I love the western part of MT, but apparently so do a shit load of people from California and Colorado so real estate is beyond my reach right now. Someday maybe. The older I get, the more I like being in the mountains. We hike WA a lot but I couldn’t live there with all the craziness. Too bad, as the hiking in the cascades and around Mt. Rainer is amazing.

I’ll let the guys know you’ve moved up from hillbilly to a mountain man. If anyone can do it, it’s you.

Should be plenty of BLM land up there to stretch your rifles out. You still able to sling up a 338L for a full 3x1000?

Reactions: WCraig1968
Good copy on all, I've downgraded to a .264 win mag with 30 inch tube and 140 CE Lazers at 3350 for the 3x1000s from a sling haha.

Got tired of the beatings.

pm me your cell so we can stay in touch, I also need to get in touch with Russ back home at DZ and catch up with everyone.

Thanks MK20, I'll look him up. Anyone still rolling with an 06 and getting stuff done gets a big gold star.

Walter

Welcome to MT @WCraig1968

I'm a bit under 2 hours from you, just on the other side of Great Falls. There's a decent membership range in GF and there's a monthly 22 match under the PRO 406 club called Missouri River Rimfire. Not sure if Rimfire is your thing or not but it's a decent time.

Sometimes I'm sure we could link up for some shooting. I don't have access to a usual 1K range or anything, but I get around to a lot of matches all over MT and this part of the country.

Look forward to meeting you some day. If you're friends with FatBoy you gotta be alright to me. 😁

264 win at 3300+. Holy shit. You realize Army isn’t buying your barrels anymore 🥹