• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNH action bolt knobs

steveptr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa
Been think about a bolt knob on my PBR and wanted to know if anyone out here has them done. Please post pictures.

Karl Feldcamp of Kampfeld Customs:

1339647394.jpg

Mark Gordon of Short Action Customs will do a helluva job too.

Redacted because I clearly didn't know WTF I was talking about. Refer to Action Guy's post below...

Last edited:
Turbo almost got it.

PBRs are control round push feed (sliding plate extractor and non-coned breach), non-trued, but do have the same two lever trigger as the SPR.

PBR-XPs have the non-rotating claw extractor of the SPR, coned breach, two lever trigger, but still non-trued.

TSR-XPs have the non-rotating claw extractor, coned breach, three-lever "MOA" trigger. Non-trued.

SPRs are the only ones trued from the factory. SPR has not changed from inception: trued, chrome lined barrel, claw extractor, coned breach, two-lever trigger.

SPRs with black McMillan stocks (easiest way to identify a non-bedded SPR) carry the MOA guarantee. SPR-A3G is bedded into a green McMillan A3 Adjustable stock and carries 1/2 MOA guarantee.

PBRs, PBR-XPs, TSR-XPs all sit in a Hogue stock and are all guaranteed for 1.5 MOA. Most shoot much better than that.

Hope this helps.

Turbo almost got it.

PBRs are control round push feed (sliding plate extractor and non-coned breach), non-trued, but do have the same two lever trigger as the SPR.

PBR-XPs have the non-rotating claw extractor of the SPR, coned breach, two lever trigger, but still non-trued.

TSR-XPs have the non-rotating claw extractor, coned breach, three-lever "MOA" trigger. Non-trued.

SPRs are the only ones trued from the factory. SPR has not changed from inception: trued, chrome lined barrel, claw extractor, coned breach, two-lever trigger.

SPRs with black McMillan stocks (easiest way to identify a non-bedded SPR) carry the MOA guarantee. SPR-A3G is bedded into a green McMillan A3 Adjustable stock and carries 1/2 MOA guarantee.

PBRs, PBR-XPs, TSR-XPs all sit in a Hogue stock and are all guaranteed for 1.5 MOA. Most shoot much better than that.

Hope this helps.

SPR's are trued from the factory? What is your definition of 'trued'?
The reason I ask is I bought a SPR action from a hide member here years ago that turned out to be quite a ways off center. Enough that the firing pin strike is noticeably not centered on the primer.

I was hoping you could shed some light on why this may have ended up that way as I have heard the 'trued from the factory' claim before and was a bit confused on this one.

Thanks Action Guy.

By trued, it refers to the face of the receiver being trued to the line of the bore, as well as the face of the bolt. The locking lugs are lapped. The firing pin hole, even when it falls within the allowable specification, sometimes appears off center on the primer.

Being factory produced, some dimensions are allowed to be within a wider tolerance than others, depending on the dimension and its impact on accuracy or performance, and of course, the overall cost to make it so.

Hope this helps.

Back to the OP's original post:

Here is my SPR in .260 with FN logo'd bolt knob.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 9
SPR's are trued from the factory? What is your definition of 'trued'?
The reason I ask is I bought a SPR action from a hide member here years ago that turned out to be quite a ways off center. Enough that the firing pin strike is noticeably not centered on the primer.

I was hoping you could shed some light on why this may have ended up that way as I have heard the 'trued from the factory' claim before and was a bit confused on this one.

Thanks Action Guy.

Mine was dead nuts, yet primer strikes are off center sometimes. Trueing/centered strikes are unrelated.

Right you are Action Guy.

Here's a R&D Precision bolt knob.

LucyandBuckonlanding005.jpg
[/URL]

Apologies to the OP. Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited: