• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FNH FN Five Seven

JohnC76

Pro Second Amendment
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2013
TN
Just picked it up today!

atudyqud.jpg

mataqa5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have one of those...accurate as hell, and almost no recoil. I got rid of mine because I was disappointed about not being able to get the ammo the pistol was designed to use...the military AP ball. What was left over for civilians at that time (years ago) amounted to a 22 mag. If a private vendor now sells ammo to civilians that duplicates (at least closely) the military ball, then this is a hell of a neat sidearm.

I really enjoyed shooting mine, but carried a 45 as a sidearm. For a range pistol though, this is one hell of a neat pistol.

I used to have one of those...accurate as hell, and almost no recoil. I got rid of mine because I was disappointed about not being able to get the ammo the pistol was designed to use...the military AP ball. What was left over for civilians at that time (years ago) amounted to a 22 mag. If a private vendor now sells ammo to civilians that duplicates (at least closely) the military ball, then this is a hell of a neat sidearm.

I really enjoyed shooting mine, but carried a 45 as a sidearm. For a range pistol though, this is one hell of a neat pistol.

Federal American Eagle makes some 40gr FMJ for it.

American Eagle, 40gr FMJ, 5.7x28mm VS Industrial Steel Door - YouTube

Still, can't ever find it in stock.

Another cool video if you have 30mins...

FN Five-seveN 5.7X28mm - YouTube

Back when I sold mine, the only ammo available was FN. There were only 2 kinds of FN ammo, but more and newer selections were coming out. I think other ammo makers thought the round would die off. If this newer (and probably MUCH cheaper) ammo would have been available, I probably would have kept it. the new stuff performs similarly to the ammo I wanted.

Ive always wanted to buy one of these (in the flat earth color) for my woman - The super low recoil and flat shooting / accuracy I hear that this round has + the 20-30 round mags is just fantastic - IMO its really the perfect pistol for a woman - the only reason I did not is the insane price and ammo availability - So now she has a glock 17 with a 17rnd mag and a 33 round mag for her CC gun :p