• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors FNP45 tactical

bujayman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Anyone have one, shoot one, or general knowledge of it?

There is an article on fnforum where some guys tried it out, i also read where vickers is apparently singing the praises of it

Looking at getting one to use for some possible 3 gun action that i'm trying to get into. I Have a glock 21 that i use as a beat around gun now, but i'm looking at something "better".

Plus the thing just looks so damn good
FNP-45_Tactical.jpg

Re: FNP45 tactical

shot a buddies last weekend. It was very nice. The D/A trigger pull was a little long, not too bad, that is just the first shot with the hammer down, goes in S/A after that. Very smooth and gotta love 15 rounds in a .45. Think i'll be getting one soon.

don't know the thread pitch. The gun does not come with the red dot. It has a plate that covers the mount. take out 2 screws and u can attach an optic. It really shoots nice.

most quality pistols today are around 1k. Sig,HK,ect...

I"m curious to find out what people are going to use for a holster, on a thread over on fnforum, Vickers tried it out, and "field modified" a safariland to hold the gun w/ the optic. Also i understand that the gun comes with a couple different plates to allow the mounting of several different type / brand of optics. KYshooter, i expect to see some pics of that beast tomorrow, and hopefully a range report sometime soon

ETA the link to the fnforum thread i was talking about

FNforum thread

Also, here's a link to some raven concealment holsters, FYI they are the holsters worn by chris and travis in Magpul Dynamics
Store at The malabar front
Info at Raven Concealment

It comes with 3 plates to mount different Dr. Optics style red dots. I personally went with the Trijicon unit because it doesn't require batteries. I think under the recoil and constant movement of the slide your going to have to go with something high quality. The Trij is going to take the abuse, the ACOG is proven to so Im confident that it will stay in tact. Ill put some pics up later tonight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rem308a3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the thread pitch? Is it the same as usp tactical? </div></div>

NOT the same as HK's M16x1 LH threading...the FNP45 Tactical barrel is threaded .578x28 RH.

Here ya go. Put 50 rounds thru it today. Shoots extremely well. More accurate at 20 yards then most handgun I own, well minus the Nighthawk 1911.

wqv778.jpg

Nice setup KYshooter. How do you like it with the red dot?

It sounds quiet!

I like the red dot more then I thought I would. Its quick and easy to get on target and make multiple follow up shots effectively.

I'm just a wee bit jealous.I recently bought the "Regulated" 10 RD version.I'm a NY prisoner and Being a southpaw the FNP-45 was one of two options I had for a LH friendly DA/SA double stack Poly frame 45.My first choice was a HK45,but its alot of $$ without the extra dough added for the conversion to Ambi controls.The FN has everything Ambi from the get go and I think the DA trigger is as good or better than the sig220 DA trigger.Mine is super accurate and eats anything I feed it too.I'm very happy with it so far.
I ended up making my own kydex holster for it,as there's a 4-6 week wait for a RH holster and forget about getting a LH holster in kydex.No nylon one size fits all holsters for me.How's the finish on the slide been holding up so far ? Have you noticed any difference in accuracy with the can on it ?

STEVE

My dealer is holding one for me, try to pick it up tomorrow. He said they are very hard to find now. He called all his suppliers and said he got lucky and found 2. He sold both (1 to me) the first day.

We have one floating around that we installed a Trijicon RMR on and it's pretty trick. I like the ability to use the irons and the red dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here ya go. Put 50 rounds thru it today. Shoots extremely well. More accurate at 20 yards then most handgun I own, well minus the Nighthawk 1911.

wqv778.jpg
</div></div>

That's what I call kitted out-any drawbacks to this setup?

Does it have to be a tactical model? My little shoot and scoot has a used one in black and a stainless? slide, I think he has the box and 2 mags. He is asking $625. Going there later this AM.

Appreciate it eddie but I've settled on the tactical. Gets me kinda tingly just looking at it.
smile.gif

This one's going on the Christmas list. .45ACP. 15 rounds. Optics friendly. Full Ambi. Threaded barrel standard. What's not to like?

With .45 cans where they are now, it's worth adding one of these to the collection.

I like them, the Thread is .578 x 28 and if I see one available, I'll probally pick it up. You have to get every threaded barrel factroy gun you can.

I have a HK45 right now and although I love the ergonomics of it, 33% higher ammo capacity certainly is appealing. Not to mention the optics platform. So I think i'll be trading my HK.

To me a quality holster like Safariland would be a must have. But, do they even make a tactical drop leg holster with the optics and/or tac light installed?

I saw an one of these with a Insight MX3 in tan and it looked great. I just want a Safariland 6005 to hold it all.

I've handled a couple of these and FN seems to have hit a home run with it. Granted, this pistol is a straight forward battle pistol. It's bulky, heavy when loaded, not concealable, but hey, if you buy one of these, none of those options matter. 15+1 rounds, threaded barrel, tight fit and optics ready is a rare combo. I'd love to have one of these at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here ya go. Put 50 rounds thru it today. Shoots extremely well. More accurate at 20 yards then most handgun I own, well minus the Nighthawk 1911.

wqv778.jpg
</div></div>

That's what I call kitted out-any drawbacks to this setup? </div></div>

None for me. Its fast on target and the weight of the suppressor defeats any muzzle rise. Its a hell of a platform. I highly suggest this pistol for a suppressed or general tactical handgun.

Just got mine about a month ago. No time to shoot it yet but I love it. I have a standard FNP45 that I enjoyed and I sold it to buy the tactical. It will be sometime before I can afford a suppressor for it but I wanted to snag one up when I got the chance. I have a Trijicon red dot for it and I think that this will be the best offensive/defensive handgun combo. Not necessarily for CCW but just general overall handgunning. The suppressor will reduce muzle rise (and report obviously) and the red dot will allow very fast, accurate shooting. A few years back FN said they probably would NOT make this a production item so I was excited when they did. When CDNN has them in stock they are about $850 give or take.

I just picked one of these up and it appears to be a very nice pistol. I should be getting a new piston for my Osprey today so I can see how it compares to my USP-T as a host. I was able to get my Osprey into the pouch that the lock was in which makes the case that much more functional for my use.