• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns FN's new HiPer 9mm Pistol

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
FN's new HiPer 9mm Pistol

9x19mm-FN_HiPer_MRD-Pistol-FDE-left-including_options-660x584.png

The 509 was a pretty solid attempt at cracking the service/tactical market segment; not perfect, but pretty good. So the logical next step was to... throw everything away and start over with a new gun that throws away industry conventions for control placement and function? Yeah, this should go over well.

I can only imagine that this was designed to fit some Eurotrash contract request for bid, but even the promise of a fat government program is no excuse for violating basic standards of good taste.

More than that I think.

That pistol is so much fail
Yeah, FN's poly striker offerings never made it onto my personal top seven poly-striker service pistols list.

Last edited:
Yeah, FN's poly striker offerings never made it on to my personal top seven service pistols list.

From what I read on pistol-forum, the 509 is actually a decent pistol.

But I'm not going to find out. I'm in too deep in the CZ world with magazines, holsters, spare parts, extra pistols, etc.

The Beretta 92X RDO has my attention because it's the only optics-ready DA/SA pistol worth a shit that isn't stupid expensive.

I am mildly interested in the P320 AXG but not enough to switch that way

From what I read on pistol-forum, the 509 is actually a decent pistol.

But I'm not going to find out. I'm in too deep in the CZ world with magazines, holsters, spare parts, extra pistols, etc.

The Beretta 92X RDO has my attention because it's the only optics-ready DA/SA pistol worth a shit that isn't stupid expensive.

I am mildly interested in the P320 AXG but not enough to switch that way

Agree on the CZs, disagree on the 92X RDO. Beretta’s RDO system is garbage compared to Ernest’s. You get what you pay for there, IMO. If you want a 92 with an RDO, save up and do it right with an LTT.

As for that… thing… in the OP?

0E3B4CFE-AF99-45E6-B9E6-C63CE34D6432.jpeg

Agree on the CZs, disagree on the 92X RDO. Beretta’s RDO system is garbage compared to Ernest’s. You get what you pay for there, IMO.
Garbage how? Don't mention "it's too high", that's the excuse for people who can't shoot.

I also don't care that you can't co-witness sights to it. Tactical Timmy bullshit.

Another FN pistol that only idiots will buy.

Just like all their junk they make it with hopes of contracts which doesn’t happen because it sucks so it gets dumped on the civilian market with stupid high priced mags and shit plus no aftermarket support because companies know better and after a few years they discontinue it and don’t continue to support the platform and people are stuck with shit guns with no value or support because they don’t give a flying fuck about consumers if they’re not .gov

Fuck FN.

Garbage how? Don't mention "it's too high", that's the excuse for people who can't shoot.

I also don't care that you can't co-witness sights to it. Tactical Timmy bullshit.

It’s too high… 😂

From an aesthetic standpoint, that part is true. And I’ll disagree on the “Tactical Timmy bullshit” part as well. I realize modern optics very rarely fail, but as someone who’s had an Aimpoint T1 crap out on me mid-class before, I prefer the peace of mind that backups provide. You don’t have to agree there as I’m “walking in different shoes than you,” but I hold that line pretty firmly when I’m spending several hundred dollars or more on a firearm I intend to trust my life with in the small chance I ever need it.

Aside from that, the factory system seems like an afterthought they rushed out to reclaim market share from LTT, it’s retained by only two screws rather than Langdon’s three, and plates have been notoriously hard to get. I’m also not sure if they’d fit current RDO holster options for the 92G, which are already pretty limited.

But again, we have different core experiences in life, and your money isn’t my money so spend it as you wish. I’d just rather buy once and have the better product. :)

Reactions: Alpine 338
That’s a lot of snag points too, unless you’re open carrying it, heck that’s front blade might as well be a front hook, and if I’m going to open carry a gun with a bunch of shit hanging off it is just go with my 2011.

It’s too high… 😂

From an aesthetic standpoint, that part is true. And I’ll disagree on the “Tactical Timmy bullshit” part as well. I realize modern optics very rarely fail, but as someone who’s had an Aimpoint T1 crap out on me mid-class before, I prefer the peace of mind that backups provide. You don’t have to agree there as I’m “walking in different shoes than you,” but I hold that line pretty firmly when I’m spending several hundred dollars or more on a firearm I intend to trust my life with in the small chance I ever need it.

Aside from that, the factory system seems like an afterthought they rushed out to reclaim market share from LTT, it’s retained by only two screws rather than Langdon’s three, and plates have been notoriously hard to get. I’m also not sure if they’d fit current RDO holster options for the 92G, which are already pretty limited.

But again, we have different core experiences in life, and your money isn’t my money so spend it as you wish. I’d just rather buy once and have the better product. :)
The factory system has two screws like virtually every other plate system. Since the recoil bosses take the shear forces a third screw is likely pointless.

The system doesn't look like an aftertought. It looks like a solution that avoids massively redesigning the slides internals which is what Landon does. A mass producer has different considerations that a boutique shop doesn't need to care about.

Reactions: Basher
The factory system has two screws like virtually every other plate system. Since the recoil bosses take the shear forces a third screw is likely pointless.

The system doesn't look like an aftertought. It looks like a solution that avoids massively redesigning the slides internals which is what Landon does. A mass producer has different considerations that a boutique shop doesn't need to care about.

True. It’s still a clunky solution, IMO. But it works nonetheless, so if you’re happy with it, run it! I’m sure it won’t hold you back at all, and they ARE cheaper than an LTT. Still not as nice, though… 😂