• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Fobus, Blade-Tech, or Comp-Tac for G21SF?

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
Minuteman
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
I am having a difficult time deciding which would be the best paddle holster. From what I have heard, the standard Fobus has too tight of a retention. Use will be range work and non-concealed use.

Thanks

Re: Fobus, Blade-Tech, or Comp-Tac for G21SF?

thanks to all

I ordered the Blade-Tech

Comp-Tac is WAY nicer, but the Blade-Tech works just as good. Fobus is crap.

I have gotten very good quality and service from Comp-Tac.

Mind a different opinion? I like the Blackhawk CQC, without the Serpa feature. This is the carbon fiber finish, mine has a matte black finish.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqccahowib.html

I have gear from comptac and bladetech, I'd rather have the bladetech but they're both decent holsters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aubrey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have gotten very good quality and service from Comp-Tac. </div></div>

X2,

I have Comp Tac holsters for my 1911's, my G 30 and my S&W 325.

Fobus are too flimsy, No experience with Blade tec, sorry.

fast eddie sends

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have gear from comptac and bladetech, I'd rather have the bladetech but they're both decent holsters. </div></div>

Because I have both, I'm curious. Why do you find the Blade-tech better?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Because I have both, I'm curious. Why do you find the Blade-tech better? </div></div>

I can't seem to keep from breaking the IWB Comptac's belt clip, even trying to be easy on it. From what I've read, their paddles are no better. I've had no trouble with the Bladetech paddle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Because I have both, I'm curious. Why do you find the Blade-tech better? </div></div>

I can't seem to keep from breaking the IWB Comptac's belt clip, even trying to be easy on it. From what I've read, their paddles are no better. I've had no trouble with the Bladetech paddle. </div></div>

What does that have to do with this thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I can't seem to keep from breaking the IWB Comptac's belt clip, even trying to be easy on it. From what I've read, their paddles are no better. I've had no trouble with the Bladetech paddle. </div></div>

What does that have to do with this thread? </div></div>

Um, everything? He asked for comparison between Bladetech and Comptac paddle holsters, and I told him that Comptacs break easier than Bladetechs. How is that not relevant?

Another member's broken Comptac paddle:

hvzdj5.jpg

Safariland Paddle Holsters are the best.

I learned an important lesson at Rifles Only when I lost my pistol going through one of the stages. The pistol was taken away. It was embarrassing. Thank God it was not a real world situation. I had given my primary holster to a friend that had left his at home and used my secondary. It was messed-up! Needless to say, another Hide member gave me his Safariland Holster and it was a life-saver.

What I was told at the comp was this: "Always make your 2nd line of gear as good as you Primary."

I believe that to be a true statement.

-Al

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6378
It has the retention, but will not get sand stuck in it like the Black Hawk Serpa