• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Folding Stock for Chassis using AR style stocks

Re: Folding Stock for Chassis using AR style stocks

Look at the JP chassis. I don't own one but have shot one and I really liked it.

xlr too but you have to modify the prs a bit.

I am aware of these chassis, with folding stocks, I just worded my question incorrectly.

There are chassis on the market that use the AR rear stocks, and AR pistol grips. Are there any AR type stocks that fold, besides the shitty skeletonized stocks, to accommodate a chassis that does not have an integral folding stock, because it utilizes AR but stocks?

I have a friend who is experimenting making a chassis, just for the action V Block and forearm. He wants to know if he can save CAD time by just purchasing an aftermarket AR folding stock similiar to the PRS instead of producing one himself. The obvious issue is the PRS is not a folder.

I also see that there are AR butt stock folder adapters, wich probably could work with the PRS, but I figured there has to be a better solution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE_Shithead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy an ACE folding mechanism and put it on the stock </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I also see that there are AR butt stock folder adapters, wich probably could work with the PRS, but I figured there has to be a better solution.</div></div>

Is that the only solution? That would be disappointing.

If your friend has the ability to do so, he should design a folder assembly. The ACE isn't all that great in my opinion when compared to the folders found on various chassis systems.

That is very cool, LL.

First time I've seen that.

Since it disables the weapon when folded then it might be CA legal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at the JP chassis. I don't own one but have shot one and I really liked it. </div></div>

I'm very happy with my JP chassis...Savage 10FP-SR5R inside. Makes transport a little easier.
IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

Frank
Thanks for the link, my wallet just got a little lighter!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fold any AR stock,

http://www.lawtactical.com/ar-folding-stock.html

</div></div>

Have you ever got your hands on one? If so what did you think of it and does it affect functionality in any way?

The JP chassis looks like a good choice for a folding stock, but don't think the folding mechanism is available by itself to add to another stock design.
I checked out the Lawtactical folding mechanism and it looks good enough to give it a try. I ordered one to try because it looks like a better design than the Ace folding mechanism.

Sorry this thread looks like its heading a diff direction than the OP looked for, but really excited to see some review of that folder..

That Law Tactical adapter looks interesting. I ordered one for my Noveske Diplomat. 7.5" barrel, folding stock...hell yeah.

He posts on M4C under LawTac.

My Law Tacticals arrived today, if I can get a break, will install and give a report. mark

anyone?.. cmon someone got this thing installed by now... am I the only one who tears open the ups/fedex box and B-lines to the workbench??

Ace might work with the rifle. I purchased a couple of them for my LR300 which is made by ZM Weapons. It had a folder on it but I want to use a different style of stock. To date I have not been able to get it work due to clearance issues from the charging handle.

Not saying that this will be an issue with the bolt guns but I would try to verify that it is low enough to clear the bolt.

If you go on the Team Blaster Facebook page you can see pics of the Law Tactical with a Magpul CTR stock on my POF SBR

Its a great piece of kit I have been using it for awhile and have had zero issues with it and it rocks!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's pretty cool.

</div></div>

That's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for these many years.

Does it lock in the closed position?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what happens if the weapon is discharged while in the folded position?
</div></div>

Can't be good. In the picture looking from the rear, it is marked "Do Not Fire". Has to be a reason for that.