• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing folding stock mechanism please help-Found one

gol1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
ISRAEL
Hi

I am looking for recommendations for high quality folding stock mechanism for my stock project' at the moment I have a FAB Okolon made unit but I feel it's not as strong as I would like, I saw ACE folding mechanism but I am not sure it's as strong as I need and seemed to be on backorder everywhere, I would appreciate any recommendation
here is a picture of my project:
IMG_5661.jpg

Thank you
Gol1

Re: folding stock mechanism please help

I had a ACE folder on my XLR chassis and I would not recommend it. It does not lock in the closed position and there is too much wiggle when locked in the shooting position. It also interferes with my grip. The bottom of the folder digs into the web between the finger and thumb. I looks like it would do the same on your chassis.
I really wanted to like it, but there are to many negatives. The folder mechanism on the AICS chassis is much better, as well as the TRG 42.
If you find something that works, let me know. I loved being able to fold my gun up and put it into a backpack. Shooting it was no fun though.
Have a good one.

Thanks man you saved approx 100$ I was going to order the ACE just to check if it works, I will let you know if I find some good solution, I will contact FAB and Silver Shadow next week since we havd an holiday now.
Gol

The best folding system IMHO is on the AICS 2.0, no wobble, securely locks open and closed.

I defiantly agree with you but don't have a clue where can I buy one
if you have any suggestions I will be thankful

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gol1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I defiantly agree with you but don't have a clue where can I buy one
if you have any suggestions I will be thankful</div></div>

It is only available with the purchase of an AICS 2.0 as it is an integral part of the AICS 2.0.
You won't be able to buy the parts separately.

if you find one keep us posted. I looked about a year ago and found nothing.

I was even looking at having one built but no joy.

I never give up as soon as I will find something I will let you all know

Re: folding stock mechanism please help-Found one

Hi
I found that unit from Hera-Arms , is there anyone who can tell me about that company ?
I think I will order one.
Thanks
Gol1