• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Folks reloading the 375s and used in the ELR

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Folks reloading the 375s

Within the year I will be reloading the 375 cal.
For the folks that are reloading this and loading for consistent accuracy at extended distances what are you using for a press for sizing and seating. Also what trimmer are you using as well with the larger case?
And what are your opinions of the equipment you use?

The dies will be 1.25”
The case length should be around 3.050”
The overall length of the loaded round +/- 4.865”

375VM2

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
In time I’ll figure out what’s needed for the larger case for equipment, just was curious what the folks favored for equipment and why, when working with the Cheytac based rounds and maintaining the extended distance accuracy.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I asked a similar question several months ago. I am going to continue using my RCBS .50BMG press, bought the caliber conversion for the Giraud Tools trimmer, Bertram Brass, and a Sinclair hand primer. Unfortunately DTA hasn't shipped the .375 CT conversion kit yet, but at least the .50 and HTI chassis are finally here!

I use a RCBS Rock C., removed the sleeve to accept a Cheytac USA 1 1/4 die set. No issues so far.

Good Luck, and do your best to keep it simple.

I asked a similar question several months ago. I am going to continue using my RCBS .50BMG press, bought the caliber conversion for the Giraud Tools trimmer, Bertram Brass, and a Sinclair hand primer. Unfortunately DTA hasn't shipped the .375 CT conversion kit yet, but at least the .50 and HTI chassis are finally here!

Hey Walt, what did that conversion set-up run you? This is my next rig in the makes, been picking up brass and bullets when I can at decent prices. Just wanted to get a ballpark here.

Tangent: - As well is anyone using the CE 402 gr.? I can play with it to find an COAL and such, but from the reading I've done especially from shooter's like Kiwi(ect.) who have a lot of experience with this cartridge, say they are peculiar to seating. Any advice welcomed, sorry to the OP, my tangent is done just pm me that to keep the bs to a min lol.

Last edited:
Still waiting on stupid caliber conversion (7months). I don't know what the final price will be, my LGS is usually right around MSR though. Also still waiting on stupid soft carry case (1.5 months) that was allegedly in stock at DTA when I ordered it. What's the status on your setup?

Rough timeline of +2 months, working around barrel/action turnaround. Honestly the biggest hindrance I have come across is brass/bullets that I don't have to give them my first born for. I am particular on what I shoot, and won't waste money on "experimentation", plenty of people already play that fiddle in ELR. So I've been picking up the .350gr. CT solids as I know they perform.

7 mths. for that conversion? Jeeze, thats almost criminal. You would figure that a little leeway was given, but we both know .375 isn't exactly something every Joe blow is loading for.

Rough timeline of +2 months, working around barrel/action turnaround. Honestly the biggest hindrance I have come across is brass/bullets that I don't have to give them my first born for. I am particular on what I shoot, and won't waste money on "experimentation", plenty of people already play that fiddle in ELR. So I've been picking up the .350gr. CT solids as I know they perform.

7 mths. for that conversion? Jeeze, thats almost criminal. You would figure that a little leeway was given, but we both know .375 isn't exactly something every Joe blow is loading for.
Hey flywheel, your conversion show up yet? Ive been following Secondofangle's chronicles with his factory ct ammo and Orkans threads about CTs dies vs. DTAs chamber, wondering what misadventure is coming my way. Conversion showed up here a week ago, and I finally got some ammo loaded to compare to the DTM factory loads. I hope to get out this week and do some testing, but the weather has turned to shit again so who knows...