• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Folks that can cerakote a can?

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Hey all,
    So I have a Vudoo Ravage inbound with the Vudoo green action and barrel and I would like to get another suppressor for it and have it cerakoted to match. I did reach out to Vudoo but a project like that isn't in their wheelhouse sooooo...
    Option 1) Get a TBAC 22 Takedown (when they become available) in O.D. Green and call it good.
    Option 2) Get a Deadair Mask and have it cerakoted as close as possible. The Mask is a known quantity but is there anything special about having a can coated aka coater has to have an SOT, etc?

Thank you in advance!

ATF classifies Cerakoting as a gunsmithing activity. As long as the coating shop has an FFL all you need to do is keep a copy of the Form 4 with the can when it goes there and back. SOT is only required to transfer ownership.

Edit: We do Cerakote work, the color can be matched as long as it’s not a proprietary color, all that is needed is the verify color used with Voodoo.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    ATF classifies Cerakoting as a gunsmithing activity. As long as the coating shop has an FFL all you need to do is keep a copy of the Form 4 with the can when it goes there and back. SOT is only required to transfer ownership.

Edit: We do Cerakote work, the color can be matched as long as it’s not a proprietary color, all that is needed is the verify color used with Voodoo.
    Well Vudoo says "...our custom Vudoo Green" so? 🤷‍♂️ I'm thinking O.D. Green would be bery bery close! I'll shoot you a PM when I get home.
    Its a fucking can
    Krylon that mother fucker! :ROFLMAO:
    This is an option! Some of that Tactical olive Rust-Oleum? :LOL:

Last edited:
    Did you check to see if your gun isn't a standard Cerakote color? It seems like mixing special colors presents more problems.
    I sent my V22 back for some touch up of the NRA blue, a standard color. If you keep it standardized, people can see what they
    are getting up front.

If you bought a Vudoo your not going to be happy doing a half ass rattle can job. Personally I had enough black on my chassis to
    leave my Dead AIr Mask the factory black.

Everybody follows their own path..... I just saw some Vudoo BR guns in pink, blue, green etc.
    I wanted to order the High gloss blue on the spot. I think Ivan was putting them together. His SH name was close to CanDoo

Hey all,
    So I have a Vudoo Ravage inbound with the Vudoo green action and barrel and I would like to get another suppressor for it and have it cerakoted to match. I did reach out to Vudoo but a project like that isn't in their wheelhouse sooooo...
    Option 1) Get a TBAC 22 Takedown (when they become available) in O.D. Green and call it good.
    Option 2) Get a Deadair Mask and have it cerakoted as close as possible. The Mask is a known quantity but is there anything special about having a can coated aka coater has to have an SOT, etc?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• VUDOO V22.JPG
      VUDOO V22.JPG
      326.3 KB · Views: 45
    Did you check to see if your gun isn't a standard Cerakote color? It seems like mixing special colors presents more problems.
    I sent my V22 back for some touch up of the NRA blue, a standard color. If you keep it standardized, people can see what they
    are getting up front.

If you bought a Vudoo your not going to be happy doing a half ass rattle can job. Personally I had enough black on my chassis to
    leave my Dead AIr Mask the factory black.

Everybody follows their own path..... I just saw some Vudoo BR guns in pink, blue, green etc.
    I wanted to order the High gloss blue on the spot. I think Ivan was putting them together. His SH name was close to CanDoo
    Another valid point. Thank you for that @AirGunShawn. My Vudoo should be ready sometime in March and will be rocking a Vudoo green barrel and action in a Black Grayboe stock with a (black) NF ATAC-R, (black) ARC M-10 rings, and a (black) Dependabilt ARCA rail holding a (black) Atlas Bipod... Yeah, a dead stock Mask or TBAC 22 takedown "might" fit the motif :LOL:

What do you mean TBAC 22 takedown when available? They're instock on Mile High. I bought one last month/end of October from them.

True. I was refering to the fact that I have yet to see a place that actually lists them as in stock in O.D. Green. Mile High has them and Bauer has them. Just wait to hear back regarding the color.

True. I was refering to the fact that I have yet to see a place that actually lists them as in stock in O.D. Green. Mile High has them and Bauer has them. Just wait to hear back regarding the color.
    Mile high usually only stocks black. The other colors don’t move fast enough.

I have just found out about the wonders of Krylon.
    Between inhaling and spraying, I'm going to be off my chops till February.View attachment 7761303
    I built a frankengun AR from my parts bin and rattle canned it.

One week later my safe was filled with firearms in all sorts of colors. I even sprayed a rifle in a ghostbusters theme with slime and everything.

It's easy to get carried away with $5 cans of paint available right around the corner.

Mile high usually only stocks black. The other colors don’t move fast enough.
    Gotcha. Nothing against black as stated further up. I'll give them a buzz as I really want to try the TBAC. Love my Mask but variety is the the spice of life!