• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Follow User Added to Forum

Teriffic! This was a feature I liked with UBB and and happy now see in enabled in VBullitin.

But, now that I have opted to follow a few users, and have selected "email" as opposed to "PM" as the notification method, I am getting PM notifications but not email notifications.

And, when I select "PM" for notification, I get an email with a link to the post, which looks like is either inactive or otherwise broke.

Last edited:
Teriffic! This was a feature I liked with UBB and and happy now see in enabled in VBullitin.

But, now that I have opted to follow a few users, and have selected "email" as opposed to "PM" as the notification method, I am getting PM notifications but not email notifications.

And, when I select "PM" for notification, I get an email with a link to the post, which looks like is either inactive or otherwise broke.

The functinality is still broke, as noted above, but now I have disabled the "Follow User" function, because VBuliitin shows who's following whom - functionlity that wasn't in the UBB software.....

So, I like to follow SH users without them seeing it, as before. No big deal, for me. Now, with VBulliten, I mark a User as Contact, and just check their recent posts from time to time.... You can't follow users anonomously, as with UBB, with VBulliten.

That is not Broke, that is just a difference between vBulletin and UBB... clearly there is a difference between "broke" and functionally different.

I posted a link to the plug in makers site, the fact is, vBulletin is markedly different than UBB if you are expecting the same thing you would be broke in your thinking.

That is not Broke, that is just a difference between vBulletin and UBB... clearly there is a difference between "broke" and functionally different.

I posted a link to the plug in makers site, the fact is, vBulletin is markedly different than UBB if you are expecting the same thing you would be broke in your thinking.

I, Starbuck, am now following you, Lowlight, and I selected "Notify by Email" when you make a post.

I get a PM and not an email, when you post. That's what I referred to as "broke". Then, FWIW, when I select "Notify by PM", I get an email and not a PM. Also broke, aka not working properly, right?

Just trying to bring stuff to your attention so you can try to get it fixed. I think VB is a great improvement over UBB - I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to help out.

Try using it now, I went into the control panel for the plug in and tried changing a few things.

I turned on "private follow" for most accounts, Full Member on up, and I have add a PM sending option that was blank, (should work now)

Try using it now, I went into the control panel for the plug in and tried changing a few things.

I turned on "private follow" for most accounts, Full Member on up, and I have add a PM sending option that was blank, (should work now)

Am following a few users with "Notify by email" selected, and since your post I am quoting I have gotten PM notification but not email notification when these Users have made posts.

Here is whatI see when I click quick links

Screenshot_2013-04-02-20-24-56_zpse3aaa560.png

Still here for me, both in Settings and in Quick Links, though I have not used it.