• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Food as a political weapon

diverdon

Constitutionalist, by choice
Minuteman
  • Dec 21, 2011
    WNY
    So we have all heard Biden say food shortages are coming to America.

Us guys here know that this can only be made to happen by government doing things it should not do. I see government doing many of those things. I see media not reporting on those things.

So if hunger comes to America I expect a media blitz blaming "Capitalistic excesses" and a Democrat slogan: elect us to make the changes to make the American economy work for all of us.

It likely will work because desperate people do not know any better. Who among those who have access to a microphone that the public hears will tell the public the truth. Government causes these problems.

Food is a weapon. Read history. But more ammo. Bring back the silenced prophet ArmyJerry.

Food has always been a weapon. Be it denying or regulating access to it, tainting it or pricing it out of reach.
    Which for most here I expect, is an issue, but not a serious problem in the event of food riots leading to “Guns and Butter” trade offs.

Us guys here know that this can only be made to happen by government doing things it should not do. I see government doing many of those things. I see media not reporting on those things.

So if hunger comes to America I expect a media blitz blaming "Capitalistic excesses" and a Democrat slogan: elect us to make the changes to make the American economy work for all of us.

It likely will work because desperate people do not know any better. Who among those who have access to a microphone that the public hears will tell the public the truth. Government causes these problems.

Food is a weapon. Read history. But more ammo. Bring back the silenced prophet ArmyJerry.
    And just in time for midterms

Where is the point that a government is seen as an adversary and its rules, regulations, laws, fines and any other “legal” power are ignored by the people? Is there a point where those in elected and non-elected government jobs are viewed as hostiles?

Our elections are falsified. A fake Covid pandemic was used to murder and impoverish people, kill small businesses while setting record profits for companies that lobbie (pay off) congress, and to cause this massive inflation to further take away your wealth and cause misery. All 50 states either directly falsified elections or at the very least legitimize the illegitimate federal gov’t. All 50 states played the covid game when it was completely obvious to anyone with half a brain that it was propped up by lies and deception. Prices are through the roof. Taxes are sky high and getting worse. The country is being flooded by third world peasants and you are paying their bills along with the bills of almost every foreign nation.

Is there ever a time to take back power by simply saying no while protecting yourself and defending one’s neighbor? Asking for a friend.
    By the time enough people to make a difference realize that they want to take back the power it will be too late.

Biden's 2024 slogan... "You want your free government cheese? Vote for me!"

Just kidding, no way he makes it that long with his declining mental state.
    Weekend at Bernies. They just need a decent taxidermist and they can make him the perpetual POTUS, with Obama pulling the strings.

Reactions: BipThatInstance
    It is worth noting, that throughout history, when the price of bread rose (not meat, or eggs, or vegetables) rapidly, those countries/nations usually experienced regime change or open rebellion.

I'm not one for government run programs, but when they did away with the government grainary system for storing wheat, corn, rice, etc., they implemented a very large vulnerability to our agricultural system and food supply.

People can do without ice cream, going to the movies, driving 100's of miles for vacation (gas prices), but when people go hungry...bad things tend to happen. History is pretty consistent on this.

Brandon also said expect a winter of death for the unvaccinated. Instead we had a winter of death for the GMO human.

Reactions: diverdon
    This man/gov’t made food shortage is just another evil perpetrated by big government to add to the list of things that should delegitimize its authority to any rational man. Of course I’m not blind to the world we live and the way things are, but the problem has to be acknowledged in order to work on a solution.

All your other carefully worded anarchist drivel aside, the above statement kind of proves your conspiracy, anti-government anything, simple minded idiocy. If the government wants to stay in charge, do you think they'd intentionally create a food shortage?

I mean, I know IQ's are running a little low in this thread, but surely you've done enough critical, common sense thinking, to have come to this deduction, right? Will governments control food as a political weapon? Sure, some will. But claiming that they intentionally are causing a food shortage is just, well, idiotic. Them for letting it happen (whether by ineptness or secondary/tertiary effects of bad policy), and people for thinking that the government would do it on purpose. You don't stay in power when people are going hungry.

And actually, the government involved in the food supply is probably one of the few places where government (to an extent) should be involved. Ensuring the country as a whole doesn't starve. Refer to my previously mentioned government run grainary system. Ever since the Egyptians were around, government sponsored/run granaries are what kept those populaces fed (and thereby reasonably content) during good times and bad. It's kind of one of the underpinnings of having a government.

Smdh...

Reactions: RNWRKNP
    Why did the .gov burn crops and livestock during the Great Depression while people were starving in an effort to “keep prices high” for farmers?
    Read my post above. During the great depression, we were still an agriculture based economy. Not the same today.

Reactions: Maggot
    All your other carefully worded anarchist drivel aside, the above statement kind of proves your conspiracy, anti-government anything, simple minded idiocy. If the government wants to stay in charge, do you think they'd intentionally create a food shortage?

I mean, I know IQ's are running a little low in this thread, but surely you've done enough critical, common sense thinking, to have come to this deduction, right? Will governments control food as a political weapon? Sure, some will. But claiming that they intentionally are causing a food shortage is just, well, idiotic. Them for letting it happen (whether by ineptness or secondary/tertiary effects of bad policy), and people for thinking that the government would do it on purpose. You don't stay in power when people are going hungry.

And actually, the government involved in the food supply is probably one of the few places where government (to an extent) should be involved. Ensuring the country as a whole doesn't starve. Refer to my previously mentioned government run grainary system. Ever since the Egyptians were around, government sponsored/run granaries are what kept those populaces fed (and thereby reasonably content) during good times and bad. It's kind of one of the underpinnings of having a government.

Smdh...
    Do you think they would intentionally suppress treatments for a disease? Do you think they would intentionally give bad medical advice and pay them to give you dangerous treatments unproven treatments with dangerous drugs? Do you think they would pay to lie about COD to perpetuate their narrative? Do you think they would intentionally make COVID tests show positive for the flu and cold to pump up numbers? Do you think they would rabiddly push a dangerous experimental RNA shot for disease that 99.99% of people will survive?

After all that, you think the people who say we need to reduce the population and weed out the whites wouldn't intentionally try to create food shortages? They create the emergency then grab power. Its a simple equation.

it's a great idea if your masses are not armed other wise being drug out into the street by an angry armed mob is going to suck on so many levels . got my pop corn and a front row seat to that party torches and barrels of tar cheap chicken feather will cost extra .

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Do you think they would intentionally suppress treatments for a disease? Do you think they would intentionally give bad medical advice and pay them to give you dangerous treatments unproven treatments with dangerous drugs? Do you think they would pay to lie about COD to perpetuate their narrative? Do you think they would intentionally make COVID tests show positive for the flu and cold to pump up numbers? Do you think they would rabiddly push a dangerous experimental RNA shot for disease that 99.99% of people will survive?

After all that, you think the people who say we need to reduce the population and weed out the whites wouldn't intentionally try to create food shortages? They create the emergency then grab power. Its a simple equation.
    Define "they". Somehow, I suspect there are a lot of different "they"'s in your statement. 😂

So far this year(2022) 20 major food processing plants have been burned or suffered mysterious chemical spills putting them out of commission. I would not doubt for a second America's communists are hard at work ruining our nation. Democrats are a cancer, Joe Biden is the ass rot of civilization.

17 were ruined/put out of commission for several months in 2021, double the annual average for the previous decade.

Why did the .gov burn crops and livestock during the Great Depression while people were starving in an effort to “keep prices high” for farmers?
    Gov paid farmers for their crops during the depression. The Ag Adjustment Act was another democrat program found to be unconstitutional IIRC. Farmers still get paid subsidies to keep prices where they want them.

https://farm.ewg.org/search.php Plug in the name of a rancher or farmer near you and see what subsidies they get.

Last edited:
    I don’t hold the military on a pedestal like most do because the actual role played is romanticized for recruitment purposes. I have nothing against enlisted men although massive amounts of taxpayer money is laundered through the military and through military actions. I do know that if given the order to turn weapons inwards that orders will be followed but that’s neither here nor there.

I said that anyone working for a taxpayer paid paycheck are empowering a government that is obviously dangerous to the people. I don’t know how anyone paying attention over the last couple years cod argue differently.
    People from many walks of life work for the .gov. Not all subscribe to everything pushed by every administration.

Reactions: wade2big

Smdh...

No dog in this fight but there are contradictions in the above post.

On one hand, food can be used as a political weapon.

On the other, saying that govts will not "intentionally create a shortage". These seem contrary in logic, as to use politically it must be controlled, otherwise there is no power. To control, you must intentionally put your thumb on the scale of supply and demand, to an extent you achieve the desired outcome.

Or are you saying govts have the aptitude to determine there will be "organic" food shortages but not that the taliban will rush in to fill the power vacuum?

Plausible, I suppose.

Food has always been a weapon. Be it denying or regulating access to it, tainting it or pricing it out of reach.
    Which for most here I expect, is an issue, but not a serious problem in the event of food riots leading to “Guns and Butter” trade offs.
    I was warned of Biden's 'dark winter' by a big-tech software mogul ten years ago. Normally laid back, he spoke urgently of a world wide catastrophe and food shortage. It was so out of character for him to sound like a end of the world'r I made light of it, even saying "So we'll be hunting those feral hogs on your ranch for real, huh?" He said "Yeah, you laugh now..."

This famine, fuel, everything shortage, inflation and hardship I blame on the globalists. It's all planned and manufactured.

Last edited:
    I don't really subscribe to what-ifs, but I'd imagine that if food shortages hit a country like the USA that those employed to stamp down any and all resistance will be very well fed. I mean, one needs to only look at the past 2 years to gain some insight into how that would roll down to the plebs who act out of line.

It is worth noting, that throughout history, when the price of bread rose (not meat, or eggs, or vegetables) rapidly, those countries/nations usually experienced regime change or open rebellion.

I'm not one for government run programs, but when they did away with the government grainary system for storing wheat, corn, rice, etc., they implemented a very large vulnerability to our agricultural system and food supply.

People can do without ice cream, going to the movies, driving 100's of miles for vacation (gas prices), but when people go hungry...bad things tend to happen. History is pretty consistent on this.
    Plus taxing inventory further accelerating just in time systems

Reactions: MarinePMI
    So you saying if you are in the military you are hostile to the people?
    Katrina etc

You’re high if you think most wouldn’t take your guns round up you domestic terrorists etc

Especially after the recent purges and woke bs pushing the spined conservatives out

EDIT

THEY JUST WENT ALONG WITH ARMING THE TALIBAN AND FLYING TENS OF THIUSANDS OF TERRORISTS HERE

WiTF

Some of y’all are blind or naive

Katrina etc

You’re high if you think most wouldn’t take your guns round up you domestic terrorists etc

Especially after the recent purges and woke bs pushing the spined conservatives out

Just look at DC, they have their backs to the politicians and weapons towards the people who’s taxes pay for there welfare

Dogs are often more loyal to those who appear to directly feed them.

Katrina etc

EDIT

THEY JUST WENT ALONG WITH ARMING THE TALIBAN AND FLYING TENS OF THIUSANDS OF TERRORISTS HERE

WiTF

Some of y’all are blind or naive
    Depends on where you live. I'm sure in blue counties they would. In the red counties not so much.

Gov paid farmers for their crops during the depression. The Ag Adjustment Act was another democrat program found to be unconstitutional IIRC. Farmers still get paid subsidies to keep prices where they want them.

https://farm.ewg.org/search.php Plug in the name of a rancher or farmer near you and see what subsidies they get.
    Yeah that’s not for farmers. That’s for US consumers. Cheap food policy.

Remove volatility from the market. Make corporate ag takeover easier
    Same with crop
    Insurance

Depends on where you live. I'm sure in blue counties they would. In the red counties not so much.
    Lol do you not read history and current us and world events ?

They will bring the blues ones to the red states.

They know better than to use locals on locals

So far this year(2022) 20 major food processing plants have been burned or suffered mysterious chemical spills putting them out of commission. I would not doubt for a second America's communists are hard at work ruining our nation. Democrats are a cancer, Joe Biden is the ass rot of civilization.

17 were ruined/put out of commission for several months in 2021, double the annual average for the previous decade.
    1650972803264.png

We know it works. Ever hear of a guy named Aidid in a place called Mogadishu?

Reactions: diverdon
    He's definitely one of the "they"s...and not government at all.

At all? So his money, influence and power don't impact policy? Methods can be blatant and nuanced. It's the difference between a processing plant burning down and a policy/law that stifle. Both help to achieve the goal.

Reactions: wade2big
    At all? So his money, influence and power don't impact policy? Methods can be blatant and nuanced. It's the difference between a processing plant burning down and a policy/law that stifle. Both help to achieve the goal.
    Does he have ".gov" at the end of his email? Influencing government, does not make him government. And that is the problem with a lot of the generalizations that get thrown around in these conversations. The conflation of people being part of the "shadow government", and then eventually lumped into the same as the government. Which they are not. Details matter. Nuance matters (as you said). Common goals doesn't mean they are animals of the same nature. Different motivations, different desired end states.

Since governments have been around there have been those that influence public policy through the use of the money and influence. But that is soft power. People who can actually make decisions that impact policy based on their input; that's hard power. There's a big difference.

Does he have ".gov" at the end of his email? Influencing government, does not make him government. And that is the problem with a lot of the generalizations that get thrown around in these conversations. The conflation of people being part of the "shadow government", and then eventually lumped into the same as the government. Which they are not. Details matter. Nuance matters (as you said). Common goals doesn't mean they are animals of the same nature. Different motivations, different desired end states.

Since governments have been around there have been those that influence public policy through the use of the money and influence. But that is soft power. People who can actually make decisions that impact policy based on their input; that's hard power. There's a big difference.

Sure there is a difference. Like I could build my deck, or pay someone to do it. Big difference, but the end result is the same. I have a fucking deck.

Any while yes, this has been going on for a very long time, I am not sure how or what that changes for the end goal? So it's always been that way, well...there you go lol...ok then.

Soft or hard, it's results that impact people's lives.

Correct, as far as I know he doesn't have a .gov email.

After watching an election get stolen by people that told you months in advance they were going to steal it via their mail-in voting scheme and there wasn't a fucking thing you could or would do about it, and they were right, nothing was done about it except Biden "I did that" stickers getting snuck onto gas pumps, I seriously doubt there will be any organized revolt if there is no food, gas and electricity.

I bet people will borrow, barter and there will be reports of some found in their home starved and frozen to death, but fat, comfortable, entitled people that still wear their ridiculous government clown masks will just quietly perish. Not in a bang, but a whimper.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stevieb92
    Nope. Its for farmers. Steve seemed to do well.
    View attachment 7858243

You think so ?

You think they care about 1/2 % of the population ?

All about removing risk and volitility.

All about keeping food cheap for the US consumer

Why do you think in the 80s they sent people to South America to show them how to plant beans/corn and improve their productivity ? Was that for the benefit of the US farmer ? Now the biggest competitor to the US

You think so ?

You think they care about 1/2 % of the population ?

All about removing risk and volitility.

All about keeping food cheap for the US consumer

Why do you think in the 80s they sent people to South America to show them how to plant beans/corn and improve their productivity ? Was that for the benefit of the US farmer ? Now the biggest competitor to the US
    Farmers and ranchers are getting the checks...

Someone has to grow corn for food since we are growing so much for ethanol.

• Haha
    Reactions: deersniper