• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Food prices

mvphilly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
Whats the most outrageous price you have seen for an item in a supermarket. I saw a can of Charles Chips potato chips for $21.99! The can was slightly bigger than a gallon of paint. Then i saw that a small box of Lucky Charms was 7.99.

Meanwhile raw ingredient prices are cheap af. Especially considering inflation
Cost of farm land us up
Cost of fertilizer is up
Cost of seeds is up
Cost of farm equipment is us
Cost of farm labor is up

In fact, I can not find any item that is cheaper than pre-pandemic prices.

Reactions: BurtG
It's not just the value of the USD. I can get the matrix to glitch in a store. Someone complained about the price of eggs. I pointed out that every single GD thing in that store is brought on a semi rig that uses diesel fuel. And when you refuse to do anything about energy, like the current president, this is what you get.

Most people just shut up and walk away. They will fellate that Biden dong even as they go broke trying to eat. Kind of like lemmings marching off a cliff. No, not like it, exactly it. Perhaps this is a darwinian population control mechanism, like homosexuality. And it's cousin, Homer-sexuality, where you have the overpowering desire to say "doh!" after intimate relations.

It's not just the value of the USD. I can get the matrix to glitch in a store. Someone complained about the price of eggs. I pointed out that every single GD thing in that store is brought on a semi rig that uses diesel fuel. And when you refuse to do anything about energy, like the current president, this is what you get.

Most people just shut up and walk away. They will fellate that Biden dong even as they go broke trying to eat. Kind of like lemmings marching off a cliff. No, not like it, exactly it. Perhaps this is a darwinian population control mechanism, like homosexuality. And it's cousin, Homer-sexuality, where you have the overpowering desire to say "doh!" after intimate relations.
Lemmings.gif

True, transportation uses diesel fuel. More to ad to your matrix. Transportation / warehousing operates around the "hubs". The closer to a hub a consumer is, the lower their cost on many products. My location is rural and I'm over 50 miles from any semblance of a "hub". Everything here is more expensive. In my conversations here, you will hear me say some things are "regional". Gasoline in Baytown, Texas is cheaper due to the refineries in the area.
I often suggest that the Government reports on inflation are "cherry picking" items from different regions to make the COLA appear low.

I just want to know what fucking grown up eats Lucky Charms ?
Would you honestly even buy that shit for your kids ? Grand kids ?

Hell no.
Get them some granola or some oatmeal with something tasty in it like fresh berries or maple syrup....whatever.
It'll be cheaper, better for them, and they'll like it more.

Hell no.
Get them some granola or some oatmeal with something tasty in it like fresh berries or maple syrup....whatever.
Prob people on SNAP

Hell no.
Dry Luckys out the box in the ez chair watching TV....Heaven,

• Haha
Reactions: SONIC SAAMI

But the price of gas and crude is going down and trending lower due to overall worldwide demand. It won't be until people stop buying and inventories get some age on them that prices will come down. We are already seeing this in the car and other durables markets. Food will follow, but will take some time for it to be widespread across the grocery store, and even then some things may never come down due to availability of supply, etc. Unfortunately, when that happens it means people will be way out of money and credit, which will translate into job losses as companies try to pay their loans off with less money available due to consumers not spending and being choosey with what they do spend on. 2024 is going to be rough, even if everyday prices decrease. 2019 is gone and isn't coming back any time soon.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
July and beyond 2024 will be the time to snap up luxury goods on the cheap once everyone has blown their tax return.

Hoping to find some Romex 12/2 at $300 or less per 1,000’. Have gotten a couple rolls here and there for $325 a 1,000’.

July and beyond 2024 will be the time to snap up luxury goods on the cheap once everyone has blown their tax return.

Hoping to find some Romex 12/2 at $300 or less per 1,000’. Have gotten a couple rolls here and there for $325 a 1,000’.
I remember a few years ago when we had a different president and you could get 12/2 for 70 dollars. That was back when fuel prices were low and we had president who cared about that.

Right now, we have president who can't get out the simple phrase you turkeys are pardoned for the holidays without turning into a painful-to-watch shit show.

But the price of gas and crude is going down and trending lower due to overall worldwide demand. It won't be until people stop buying and inventories get some age on them that prices will come down. We are already seeing this in the car and other durables markets. Food will follow, but will take some time for it to be widespread across the grocery store, and even then some things may never come down due to availability of supply, etc. Unfortunately, when that happens it means people will be way out of money and credit, which will translate into job losses as companies try to pay their loans off with less money available due to consumers not spending and being choosey with what they do spend on. 2024 is going to be rough, even if everyday prices decrease. 2019 is gone and isn't coming back any time soon.

This is what I am talking about. Layoffs = less $$ = less money = hard times for all.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Cost of farm land us up
Cost of fertilizer is up
Cost of seeds is up
Cost of farm equipment is us
Cost of farm labor is up

In fact, I can not find any item that is cheaper than pre-pandemic prices.
The quality of employees , equipment and service is down !