Fool for Selling Sako TRG in 6.5 CM for TRG in .338 LM?

forthehunt

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2022
A gun that shoots straight and never has cycling failure is like a car that never breaks down.

You never sell either.

AB Shooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2022
Alberta Cdn
I have a Sako TRG 22 in 6.5CM. I love this rifle and has never failed me. So rediculously accurate and addicting to shoot! But of course I have always wanted the Sako TRG 42 in .338LM. Would I be a fool to hack such a good, fun rifle for a larger calibler such as the .338LM? I know I am giving up light recoil and affordable reloading costs. I am after the .338LM for ELR abilities in the long haul. But if I could only have one rifle, would the .338 be the better over the 6.5CM? Or is it too much of a monster to where I will be sorry I got rid of my 6.5? Never had a large caliber such as the .338 as my go-to gun.
I kept my Tikka Tac A1 6.5 cm. Keeping it.
Then bought a multi-cal Cadex Kraken 300 Norma. Along with a 6.5 cm and 308 barrel. Best of both worlds. Am able to concentrate on 6.5 cm, and am able to shoot 300 Norma when I wish to reach out

Reactions: RaptorAddict

Tristran Shandy

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2022
Las Vegas
Why spend all that money on a new weapon, only to have the Police State Government confiscate it from you? Sell the one you've got while you still can.

sinister

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2002
College Station, Texas
I have a TRG-42 in 338 Lapua that I shot quite a bit when I lived in the Rocky Mountain states. It is easily my most accurate factory rifle. A Terminator TE muzzle brake is very efficient.

1,000 yards is ridiculously easy with the 338 TRG launching 250-, 285-, and 300-grain bullets.