• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Football aka: Soccer

Kir

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2019
Sparks, NV
Since I have been interested in playing/watching a multitude of sports over my long life, it is no surprise to me that I discovered soccer mainly because of the two major teams associated with my hometown of L.A. The Galaxy and the L.A. Football Club.
My son played a season when he was little. He was not afraid of getting into the mix, but he was very dramatic and fell down...a lot. After a couple of games, I took him aside and told him, he could not score any goals or block any shots if he was laying down on the field. Thereafter, he stayed on his feet and scored the only goal of his team...of the whole season. His team finished 0-8-1. After the last game when we were walking back to our car in the parking lot, I asked him if he had fun, he said yes. He understood the value of teamwork as he would pass the ball a few times to his teammates whenever possible. Finally I asked him if he wanted to play soccer again, next season. He looked up at me and said, "Of course, soccer is my life!".

My nephew also has played soccer and he had fun doing so.

After watching them play, I took more of an interest in Major League Soccer, so...……..GO LAFC and GO GALAXY!!!:D

Reactions: Lucky1
I used to have the typical American attitude to soccer. But after watching the World Cup I've come to realize these are elite athletes with the ego and passion equal to the best pro football/basketball/baseball players here.
I've been to a couple of FC Dallas games. I've had trouble getting into MLS soccer. I have enjoyed the last few World Cups, and some of the European tournaments when I can catch them.

Reactions: Kir
I discovered football back when I was a kid, and dad took me for the holidays to Great Britain. The first thing that we actually visited in there, was the Stamford Bridge, it is the ground of Chelsea Football Clud. Since then, I have been one of the greatest fans of this sport, and that football club in particular. I am trying to watch every single game of my favorite team, however in case I got no time and I cannot watch the game, I am watching the scores on scoreaxis.com and maybe place a couple of bets, why not.

Last edited:
I so wish Cheyenne Brodie was here instead of banned for being too clever. He had the BEST things to say about football.

Football and rugby. Along with boxing. Proper sports. The spandexed, lip-reading, ball deflating bollox called American Football can go fuck itself.

One thing I do regret about football is the theatrics of pretending to be fouled. it makes the game seem really stupid at times and I wish the ref's would just send off the effers who do that. Otherwise, hard, fun and skillful game.

I so wish Cheyenne Brodie was here instead of banned for being too clever. He had the BEST things to say about football.

Football and rugby. Along with boxing. Proper sports. The spandexed, lip-reading, ball deflating bollox called American Football can go fuck itself.

One thing I do regret about football is the theatrics of pretending to be fouled. it makes the game seem really stupid at times and I wish the ref's would just send off the effers who do that. Otherwise, hard, fun and skillful game.

Flopping in soccer and basketball...
NFL had one in the recent "bowl" game here in Tampa. I almost turned it off, but the refs ignored the idiot

Ohhh man, football... I have always had an incredible passion for that sport! My dad keeps on saying that I fell in love with that game since day one :DDD And that is kind of true, as I have always loved football actually, and I have also had the chance to become a football player, however I had a really terrible injury that made me abandon this dream. Right now, I only watch football, and sometimes I get to play a game with my friends. Oh man, I have almost forgot that we are having some live soccer matches today, and the main game Chelsea vs Real Madrid!

Last edited:
Growing up I never knew anyone who played soccer. I moved to a new city and the whole school played soccer. I got into it but never fell in love with it. Loved football, baseball and wrestling. My kids played it, wife played in college but for the life of me I can not sit and watch a soccer game on tv. I loved baseball....I can not hardly sit and watch a baseball game either. About the only thing I can watch is college football and during march madness when everyone is watching basketball I am watching the ncaa national championships....wrestling not sissy basketball

I have been a Fan since forever, A BIG Real Madrid fan and i think C. Ronaldo is just the best. Never played thought and my Sons loved Hockey(I know, I know..Their mom is Canadian).. But they have shown great interests watching with me. It's a very interesting sport and it brings people together. I would one day love to Visit Madrid to watch a live game.

Yes, I like Futbol.

4 Peat for my Alma Mater.

Soccer[edit]​

Main articles: Virginia Cavaliers men's soccer and Virginia Cavaliers women's soccer
Klöckner Stadium is home to several successful programs, including Virginia men's and women's soccer. More years than not, the University of Virginia fields one of the best squads in the country, and the program has, by far, the most successful history in the ultra-competitive Atlantic Coast Conference. Since ACC Tournament play began in 1987, Virginia has played in 15 out of 19 ACC Tournament championship matches, winning ten ACC titles (including 2003, 2004, and 2009), to go with their seven NCAA Tournament championships (1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2009, 2014). Head Coach Bruce Arena, compiled a 295–58–32 record before leaving in 1995 to coach D.C. United to their first two Major League Soccer championship seasons, and later the United States to their best FIFA World Cup showing since 1930.

The women's soccer team has produced three FIFA Women's World Cup winners for the U.S. women's national team, Morgan Brian Emily Sonnett and Becky Sauerbrunn (both 2015),[20] and two Olympic gold medal winners, Sauerbrunn (2012) and Angela Hucles (2004 and 2008).[21]

Highly recommend Ted Lasso on AppleTV+
1619652595824.png

Like watching soccer but I miss the good old days. You know... Back when cleats to the the chest was a "good tackle" and maybe a yellow card.

Last edited: