• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For a little humor

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    I'd pay good money to watch this on pay per view...
    1516916742115.png

R

Reactions: fx77
    Looks like I might have to take a trip to South Dakota in August.
    I'll just tell Rebecca I have to personally drop a rifle off to Chad at LRI.

Looks like I might have to take a trip to South Dakota in August.
    I'll just tell Rebecca I have to personally drop a rifle off to Chad at LRI.
    I doubt Chad will be in the office at that time to personally meet/greet you........

Never had much interest in going to Sturgis, but my interest is piquing for 2018.

I doubt Chad will be in the office at that time to personally meet/greet you........

Never had much interest in going to Sturgis, but my interest is piquing for 2018.

I doubt it also. It would take him three hours each way to get to work.
    The traffic is worse than awful during the rally. In the evenings it takes over an hour to get from I-90 to Main street. Another hour to get to the Chip.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    I've been to Sturgis twice... NEVER while it's full of 200,000 podiatrists and tax accountants pretending to be Sonny Barger.

It's one of the most beautiful places in the USA... the Badlands and Black Hills are amazing. Also fantastic riding. Great roads. Amazing scenery. One of the greatest Physics projects in the CONUS if you like neutrinos... I just don't want to share them with piles of drunk and disorderly Easyrider Peter Fonda Wannabes!

That said, whatever frosts your cupcake! I wish I had gone to the Sturgis bike Rally in the '80s... before it became like the Burning Man for Orthodontists.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: bogeybrown
    Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    I like it, as well, I'm just not always comfortable going to liberal hellholes like Bryn Mawr and Wayne to get it and other occasional delights.

I like room temperature Brie and SkyFlakes. And I wish like hell this story was true. I've never wanted to attend the Sturgis Rally either, but if ANTIFA is going I have to. I cherish one sided melee's. :ROFLMAO:

I like room temperature Brie and SkyFlakes. And I wish like hell this story was true. I've never wanted to attend the Sturgis Rally either, but if ANTIFA is going I have to. I cherish one sided melee's. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, my pole axe is bored and lonely.

I've been to Sturgis twice... NEVER while it's full of 200,000 podiatrists and tax accountants pretending to be Sonny Barger.

It's one of the most beautiful places in the USA... the Badlands and Black Hills are amazing. Also fantastic riding. Great roads. Amazing scenery. One of the greatest Physics projects in the CONUS if you like neutrinos... I just don't want to share them with piles of drunk and disorderly Easyrider Peter Fonda Wannabes!

That said, whatever frosts your cupcake! I wish I had gone to the Sturgis bike Rally in the '80s... before it became like the Burning Man for Orthodontists.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Was that experiment done at Homestake? Underground?

^^^ Yes... Deepest mine in USA... There are some deeper salt mines in the UK. But this is the deepest hole in North America, Hillary and the Kardashians excepted.

You can't go all the way down. But there is a good tour if you book in advance. And know people ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

I been twice during the AMA meetings. My little Hoka Hey group led the opening parade for the event in 2015, was a memorial enevt for the 4 riders killed in Hoka Hey challenge. The other time was to attend the awarding of 500k to the guy who won a race I rode in 2010. Both times I came in and left on short order, too many people drinking and riding. Stopped by LRI a couple times, good people there.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Cheers,

Sirhr

I was fortunate to spend 12 years of my life living in and around Rapid City.
    If I didn't have family obligations, I'd still be there.
    Great place to live except for two weeks in August...:)

Back in the 70s when I was racing Flat Track, Sturgis was a must do thing and a lot of fun. We [racers] always looked forward to it.
    There was a whole lot of "oilin" going on, tits and Horny Honeys and smoke in the air that was a new form of exhaust and lots of fun. In 1 week we would race Short track 2 nights then a day off to make repairs etc. then watch the Crazy Guys do the Hillclimb then this new stuff called Motocrotch or something like that where these guys were running around a course bouncing their livers out or trying to knock a lung loose.
    Every able bodied man from the town had his Badge and Gun and was a Deputy of some sort and we didn't fuck with them too much and they returned the courtesy.
    We camped out in our vans or in the horse barn by the half mile track at the fairgrounds or in the dugouts at the VA hospital baseball fields or just out in the bushes.
    Now it is a GIANT GOATFUCK with very little racing and I can't imagine anyone wanting to go there for it.
    All of our racing was either in town or very close by.
    You couldn't push me in there now with a Big CAT Dozer, but it was a Great time back in the day.
    As with a lot of things it has gotten way off track and WAY too many people. It used to be a great whole lot of fun RACE meet, not so now.
    That is how I will remember it and know it can never be the same again. Regards, FM

Reactions: demolitionman
    I was at Sturgis in 1980, slept on the ground next to my bike all week, walking around people would talk,offer up beer or burgers out of their coolers or off their grill. It was very laid back. I sprung a leak on my lifter cover so I had oil spray all over my jeans. I cut a new gasket out the palm of my glove and it worked pretty good. I was talking about it to some guys by me.

One guy had the replacement gasket at his shop in Sun Dance, WY so we rode out there and fixed it and rode back. Still had our same spots in City Park saved for us. That week ws a blast. I have been there twice since at the tail end of it and it looked like a big suckfest, price gouging, lotsa cops, lotsa fat fucks on turd buckets complete with electric start.

Anamosa, Iowa and kick start only, no trailers.

Was through the area a week or so before the festivities started a few years back.
    Traffic was already getting thick.
    Got a T shirt form the local dealership.
    Walked through some of the tents on the main drag.
    For some reason this one had a couple dozen eastern european chicks all around 18 or so...

R