• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories FOR SALE: SPUHR SICS CHASSIS for REM 700

smann123

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2012
Westminster, CO
For Sale: SPUHR SICS (Spuhr Ideal Chassis System) Part #CH000001 w/16" Forend
- Fits Remington 700 and similar cloned short actions
- The fit/finish and accuracy with my Surgeon short action and GAP #7 contour barrel was perfect.

Package includes the following like new Spuhr accessories
- 3 sets of Spuhr exterior weights, part number CA003
- 1 Sphur ARCA Rail Grabber, part number CA001

Price: $1,500.00 (does not include shipping costs), OBO
- Shipping method will be UPS Ground to lower 48 only. Please, again note any/all UPS Ground shipping, additional packaging, or insurance costs will be on the Buyer.
- Preferred payment method is money order.
- No trades please.

Overall condition is used, in excellent shape. No matches (literally one range visit to zero and check group size). The only signs of use I could find are extremely faint lines on the bottom of the ARCA rail where the Rail Grabber was moved forward/back a couple of times. My plan was to build a PRS gun on this chassis but I never made the time to move forward.

All original packaging and parts are included.

Thank you for your consideration!

DSC_0127.jpeg

Reactions: simonp
Is this the HBAR forend?
No, I tested the internal weights at Mile High with my Gap #7 barrel and there was not enough clearance. The external weights balanced the rifle perfectly when using a weibad or gamechanger schmedium so I went with the externals. (FYI - an M24 contour barrel will also work fine as long as you don't try to use the internal weights.) Hope this helps!

I don’t plan to use internal weights just external if needed. Could this accommodate a proof competition contour?

I don’t plan to use internal weights just external if needed. Could this accommodate a proof competition contour?
I don't have a proof barrel to test and confirm your question with 100% certainty but it looks like it would fit based on the following research. (Please be advised, I am not an engineer or gunsmith so the following information is an estimate!) According to Proof's website, the Competition contour is 1.25" diameter at the shank. I measured the inside width of the barrel channel at the SCIS lug and it measured 1.470" with a pair of calipers. The fore end has even more clearance so you shouldn't have problem at the end of the barrel.