• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For someone looking for a Poors AR15 or maybe a trunk gun

ALL the PSA AR-15 kits and uppers I've dealt with have been plug and play. No fitting or operating problems found.

The PA10's on the other hand--not so much.

I have become a fan of PSA.

I like to build AR rifles (although that activity is on current hold while the Potato Head Posse is in office). For my purposes, light-moderate low priority usage, they often serve as a good enough armature upon which to make parts upgrades. The basic Uppers and Lowers are pretty sound and precise enough, and the Mil-Spec(-ish) LPG's, etc. come out to provide backup parts. When I obtain my upgrade parts, like as not, they also come (came?) from PSA. At the time of purchase, they are very economical; these days, nothing is.

Right now, buying parts has become a colossal game of Whack-a-Mole. When I put my rifles together, many of the parts were listed as being in nearly gone supply status.

Once completed; they shoot respectably, and respond well enough to load development.

I did the same with a 'vanity' model PA-10; and while I did have a problem, it had nothing to do with Upper and Lower compatibility. In any case it was quickly and relatively painlessly resolved by PSA.

Thank you, PSA.

When my rifles go out to play; they are not the kind of investment I'm inclined to pamper. They are my adult toys, and get treated with qualified respect. Buying my components from PSA just reinforces that viewpoint.

FWIW, my next outing will experiment with using 1/2" and 5/8" ID washers as coarse tuning weights, stacked behind the A2 Flash Hiders. Some combination will work better than others, and that's an improvement over nothing tried, nothing gained. As said before; I don't seek perfection, but some improvement is usually available in the basic system as long as one is willing to try.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: bfoosh006
I believe Anderson has complete rifles for this price as well.

now if we could only get the ammo mkt to come back albeit, it's coming back slowly it appears