• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the Badger Ordinance Pros

G

I got my M5 bottom metal/detachable mag today, and have one question.
The fit and finish is perfect, and is inletted to very nice tollerances. However, the holes in my stock are too small for the alluminum pillars that they provided.
Any ideas?

I will have pics up soon
IMGP1040.jpg

IMGP1041.jpg

IMGP1042.jpg

IMGP1046.jpg

IMGP1038.jpg

Thanks,
Nick

Re: For the Badger Ordinance Pros

Completely normal. You must drill out the holes in the stock even a little bigger than the pillars so you can get them epoxied in place.

I feel like there will not be enough fiberglass around the hole if I do that. Hmmm crap. What to do. What about making my own pillars?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scsheriff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel like there will not be enough fiberglass around the hole if I do that. Hmmm crap. What to do. What about making my own pillars?</div></div>

some do in-fact make their own out of hi-strength fiber rod/tubing that do not compress.....

What stock are you using?

Mcmillan A4 USMC spec. Its a M40A3 Clone

I will be fine. Ive got more than a few of those stocks... all set up the same way...

I bought one of 7mm's A4 stocks and it had seen a good amount of use. Those pillars are rock solid. They ain't coming out that's for sure! I'd venture to say that the stock is probably stronger with the bigger pillar and less fiberglass than if done with smaller pillar.