• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the doubters

Dan Warner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Had a chance to reflect on a little shooting we did just prior Shot out in the desert. This is essentially a shameless plug for the Flatlines, but it is real world data and targets don't lie. The target at hand was placed at just over 1600 yards. I will admit that I had a wind bitch here; one on our party was shooting 300 OTMs in his 338 and he shot first. Based on his call, I went on with 12 minutes of wind with my 6.5 Creedmoor, shooting Flatlines of course. I was a bit off with elevation, but right in the middle as far as wind goes. From that, I was able to confirm the wind speed. Using those numbers, I thought it would be interesting to see what a competitor's bullet would need in the same condition. What I found is that the 140 ELDM 6.5 bullet, at 2850fps needed 19 minutes of wind correction. Btw, my mv was about 3010fps. So thats 37% better wind performance. Some will no doubt find something to question about this... fire away. Pardon my long winded post here, but I thought that this was certainly worthy of sharing.

Last edited:
Hornady 4dof wind speed 40 mph shows difference of 20% TOF almost .5 sec . Change of zero with different load

Last edited: