• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision For the love of God! Someone please start a 10-step program!

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    Seriously, this is getting bad. I need help.

On a side note, I’m looking for an eCOTI. Anyone wanna sell me theirs?

Stay tuned campers! More to come. :giggle:

Reactions: Adam B
    Another placeholder for even more future fun.

While I'm not in your spending bracket, I am buying an Axion XM30, because it takes the same batteries as my XP38 thermion.
    Do I need another thermal spotter, No, but it takes the same batteries as my Thermion scope dammit, So now one is on back order.
    There are worse habit's to have.
    I was already into my 2021 firearm budget in February, but I blame that on the covid.
    SJC

I’m on step 3.

1. PVS-14
    2. Pvs-27
    3. Breach

Not counting helmets, Nightcap, mounts, hardware.
    ;)

Steve

Reactions: 338dude
    Somehow, I can’t imagine a bunch of NV addicts meeting together would be a financially healthy gathering. It would probably turn into a swap-meet and there would be a sudden spike in maxed-out credit cards once everyone got home :love:

Or your credit card has become self aware and started sending copies of itself to every dealer on the interwebz. It is very possible.

Reactions: TheHorta
    Step 1: get enough money to try NV
    Step 2: smile while using NV
    Step 3: get enough money to try thermal
    Step 4: go night hunting with NV & thermal and say "this is great" like Tony the tiger commercial
    Step 5: close out savings account
    Step 6: buy more thermal and NV
    Step 7: go hunting with buddy who has better NV & thermal
    Step 8: sell all you perfectly good NV & thermal
    Step 9: buy "better" (aka more expensive) NV and thermal
    Step 10: go back to at least step 7 ... Maybe 5 if your kids had a college fund

Good luck

Step 1: get enough money to try NV
    Step 2: smile while using NV
    Step 3: get enough money to try thermal
    Step 4: go night hunting with NV & thermal and say "this is great" like Tony the tiger commercial
    Step 5: close out savings account
    Step 6: buy more thermal and NV
    Step 7: go hunting with buddy who has better NV & thermal
    Step 8: sell all you perfectly good NV & thermal
    Step 9: buy "better" (aka more expensive) NV and thermal
    Step 10: go back to at least step 7 ... Maybe 5 if your kids had a college fund

Good luck

You just outlined my path exactly. WTF @WillHugh

And you're doubly screwed if a friend with cool gear is enabling/encouraging the habit. Sorry @NHPiper.

On an unrelated note, how are we feeling about bnvd 1531s? Anyone have any experience with them yet?

Reactions: NHPiper
    Somehow, I can’t imagine a bunch of NV addicts meeting together would be a financially healthy gathering. It would probably turn into a swap-meet and there would be a sudden spike in maxed-out credit cards once everyone got home :love:
    @NHPiper and I are up for just such an ill advised meeting next time you're in NH, lol.

Reactions: NHPiper
    What is this, click bait? I was expecting to see something like a Reaper UAV ;)

Reactions: TheHorta
    Might need the black Amex card.

What's that line from The Avengers, 'Son, you've got a condition.'

The Centurion Card. I have one. Amex loves me. My wife and retirement planner, not so much.

They’re blowing out dead inventory on end-of-life product.

a ten step program just for you
    step 1. see gun you like
    step 2. find out information on the gun you like
    step 3. watch videos with the gun you like on it (see how happy or sad the owners are with theirs )
    step 4. make a commitment to your self that is the gun you want or not
    step 5 . do you research on who is selling the gun you want ammo cost where you can get it availability on the round or what you need to make your own bullets
    step 6. get your self a saving cause nothing is free except death well free to you even if someone has to pay it won't be you
    step 7. you arrive at the point when you have saved the money you needed to get your gun give that money away
    step 8 . you ordered your gun and ordered the ammo or make your self a million round for when you guns arrives ( sing and dance around your home like a fool its your birthday. )
    step 9 . you know you forgot something figure out what it is did you get or want a bipod , bags , scope and scope mount or rings , oh crap magazines you nearly forgot to order extra mags you know you will want extras either metal or plastic go with metal its heavy baby .
    step 10 . go to your range and shoot your new gun seeing other people at the range enjoying there new guns seeing them having fun you start the 10 steps all over with a new shiny gun on your wish list good luck and have fun its a never ending rat race to collect and own them all , you gun hoarder you . Oh you can apply these 10 steps to figuring out what you want for dinner to almost anything in your life . and always remember to keep looking up .

Might need the black Amex card.

What's that line from The Avengers, 'Son, you've got a condition.'
    The Centurion Card. I have one. Amex loves me. My wife and retirement planner, not so much.
    Not sure why those two cards are considered special, I have two Visa cards with $50k limits and two with $30k limits. They all pay a higher percentage cash back that I can withdraw anytime online.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
    I saw midway has them on sale for$2’999, I think?
    More info on the $3000 COTU

Not sure why those two cards are considered special, I have two Visa cards with $50k limits and two with $30k limits. They all pay a higher percentage cash back that I can withdraw anytime online.
    Yeah, for $160,000 of available funding you should be able to get right smartly equipped with NV and Thermal.

You could even hire an expert consultant in NV and Thermal to make sure you dont waste any money on bad product. :)

I am just a hack running a t-65 because it was the nicest bestest priced piece I came upon. I assure you thier is no bidding within 500 yards. Mag dump at 510 yards 13.5 inch 308. I think it's. A Chinese. Gun 0823201229.jpg Ling Ming Ting. Lmt