• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

? For the MK12 Clone Experts Out There???

I bought all my mk12 specific stuff except the suppressor directly from PRI. Super easy to work with and reasonably. At least when I built mine before the craziness started with these clones.

Reactions: Dogtown
Why not get the real thing directly from PRI?

They also usually do a few days of Christmas sales around this time.

CCC is literally a no value added reseller.
thx, I did look at pri and it's the same thing but don't recall price differential. I'll look again, thanks!

I purchased my mod 0 from DSG with a mil discount.

They are a great company. Been doing business with them for over a decade now and they have been consistent with great prices and customer service.

Reactions: powdahound76
My PRI Mod 0 upper is consistently sub MOA with IMI 77gr razor core when it's below 70⁰f.

20210512_132638.jpg

20210512_132647.jpg

Any mod H guys ever run into the issue of one of the top rail bolts on the Handguard contacting the gas block?

Been a bit absent of late, but at least got this assembled. Original pattern SPR, sitting on an SPR case that came out of ODA 535.

Still needs a few bits and another AEM5 with knurling to match the case, and after I get some good photos of it in "as issued" shape the painted, issued FSB will get swapped in and paint matched to it.

Regarding the optics:

The original, ACTUAL TS-30 is a non-illuminated 2.5-8x36, which mostly looks like the later Mk4s except the turret housing is large and boxy. Turrets were M3 and had 62gr M855 calibrated for 18" barrel from Crane supplied data.

The TS30A2 was originally a 3-9x36, M3 turret, illuminated Mildot, with 62gr M855 calibrated turrets from an 18" barrel.

Later on and at the same time, Leupold supplied 3-9x36 MR/Ts in the same configuration as the TS30A2, and after around 2005 or 2006 they began supplying 2.5-8x36 MR/Ts with M2 turrets and illuminated TMR reticles. Some of those look to have had the 62gr turrets as well, later they had 77gr Mk262 turrets as seen on the current "not-correct" TS30A2 112633.

Regarding that other pic yes, that was from MSTN who were one of the first building SPR/Mk12 Mod 0 clones using some of the Gen 2 parts that PRI sold. That one in particular is not an issued gun, no.

Like most SF weapons yes, stocks and optics and grips and stuff did get swapped around. At least one guy posted photos of his late Mod 0 with the newer gen handguard, but he had a SOPMOD stock thrown on the lower, and was using the 3.5-10x40 illum off of an early SPR, complete with the TRR/TRC rings. He also had a Docter red dot on the TRR/TRC.
Man, I need that tube work and barrel collar work done.