• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes For the Optics makers

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
Is it possible for a fixed 1x optic to have an illuminated 4 to 6 moa dot when the illumination is on, then turn the illumination off and have a simple crosshair?

The reason I ask is due to USPSA changing the rules of limited divison, limited used to be simple an irons only division. Now they have rewritten the rules to allow a 1x only optic. BUT they are allowing you to either run irons ... OR a 1x optic.

A NM Iron is great for the distance stages ... but the red dot shines in close hoser stuff. So if there was a 1x red dot with a large dot for the close hoser stuff and then the ability to turn the dot off and have a fine set of cross hairs for the longer range stuff I think it would be the cats ass.

The biggest question, IS it possible?

Re: For the Optics makers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would be better off with a 1x Dot optic that co-witness with your irons.

</div></div>

Cant, one OR the other, irons or a 1x.

Think the Loopy MK4 Prismatic comes pretty close to what you are looking for. It has an illuminated circle crosshair which I prefer to just a dot. The ret is visible w/o illumination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think the Loopy MK4 Prismatic comes pretty close to what you are looking for. It has an illuminated circle crosshair which I prefer to just a dot. The ret is visible w/o illumination.</div></div>
^ that. Prismatic has an etched article.