• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes For the same $, premier light or nightforce nxs?

M_16_4_REAL

RubiconJK
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
Have my choices down to these two scopes.
Premier Light Tactical 3-15 Ffp no illum gen2 mil
Nf nxs 3-15 or 5-22 lots of reticle choices
Normally im a shoe in for nf but ive seen hardly any premiers for under 2k. Would like some pros and cons from owners. I know some of you hide guys are big money into scopes. I can only afford one nice piece of glass at a time so I need to make it count.
Rifle is 308 r700 and I shoot pretty much club matches, few tactical shoots, and on occasion a hunt or two.
Any issues seeing smaller targets with gen2 mil dot?
Should I stay away from a scope that might not have warranty coverage?
Any help is much appreciated.

I have a Premier LT and love it. Never used the illum on it so your lack of illum probably not a huge deal. The Gen2 Mil is a great reticle and I don't think you will have any issues with the small targets. Not sure what you are talking about on the warranty coverage - Premier has got great warranty and the company is in safe, long-term hands now.

I guess the con would be the upper end of the magnification - is 15x enough for you? Also, it only has 12 mils of come-up in the turret. Is that enough for your 308 and the ranges you intend to use it at? The clicks on the LT turret are also not as good as the big brother Tactical, but they are not bad. Also, re-zeroing the turrets on the LT not as easy as it is on the Tactical (but then again, what scope maker is as easy as the Tactical? None!).

That is my take on the LT.

10-4 on the warranty. I got some bad info on the status of the company but I've been straightened out now. Premier the company is gtg for the future.
15 should be enough for what I'm after. Longest distance I shoot local is 750-900 yards. With a 308 and 11 mils plus the 20moa in the base and a 200 yard zero that should put me past 1000yards in travel which is about max for my 308 20" barrel.

Eurooptics still has a few left on their group buy
I bought a couple of them and Im glad I did

Use both scopes and both have their merits. With the Premier you get FFP and some of the best glass out there. NF gives you more elevation, choice of reticles, illumination, in my opinion better turrets, probably not more precise just more positive clicks. Other considerations would be physical size and weight. Either will do you a good job.