• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For the Savage Gurus...

Wardy

"Gordy"
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
North Eastern NC
So I've been scouring google and searching Savageshooters forum and here and haven't gotten the answer I am looking for.

I just acquired a Steven's 200 SA, stagger-feed for a 243 build I am gonna do, this is my first Savage build so, I'm kinda winging it..
I wanna go with a plain old BDL for this build, dont want the DBM, just plain BDL....
As I understand it, the screw spacing is different between stagger-feed and center-feed?
can it be done and what do I need?

Thanks.
Steven

Re: For the Savage Gurus...

Absolutely it can be done. What all parts do you have?? The action? The barrel? The magazine? Follower?? Spring?? Lug??

Give us a list of what you have already, and the answers will be soon to follow.

DK

All I have is the stock stagger-feed componets along with the action and barrel. Waiting on a new barrel now and was looking at one of Stockade's stocks, that way it could be inleted before I got it.

I am assuming you want a hinged floorplate? If so, nobody makes a stock for staggerfeed hinged floorplate. You will have to go with Stockade stocks for that and it will take about 6 months. If you decide that a blind mag will work, you can choose from Bell and Carlson or HS precision and be shooting as soon as you get your barrel mounted. Also, don't forget to get an aftermarket recoil lug.

Personally I would just go with the blind mag to get shooting... BUT

SSS and now there are some factory options if you decide to go DBM. Savage sells a FLUSH fitting DBM on their model 10 that might interest you. Assume you can order it from them. It does not stick out whatsoever and will have pretty much the same profile on the rifle as the hinged floor plate. I had a savage 10 that came with it. SSS mags interchanged with it. Just food for thought.

This was a post I made on a different thread.

"I just purchased the Prairie Dog Special/Tactical From Stockade Gun Stocks.
http://www.stockadegunstocks.com
Kevin is a good guy, he doesn't mind taking time to answer question and he will direct you to other products if his aren't a right fit for you.

I had the PDS/T inlet to accept his bottom metal which will be receiving a 10 round magazine which he makes. 2 flush cups, front rail for adjustable stud, Karsten cheek piece....

Adding a PTG spiral flutted Bolt Body
And a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50

I'm looking forward to seeing the FCP-K dressed out in a new outfit."

I paid for the rush service, still was quoted about 8 weeks.

I'm debating what to do with the stock Acqustock I will have left over. It has the aluminum bedding and the factory dbm. One thought was to give it a different paint scheme, and another thought was to see if anyone here would want to buy it. Guess once I have the build all together and it shoots good I will know what direction to go in. Wards75 keep me in mind over the next few weeks, the Aqcustock is for A SA 308.

To avoid the hassle, I may just go ahead and do a CDI...along with the Stockade "PDS/T"

wonder why Savage has to change their shit around so much and not keep it simple..

Don't need the CDI since Kevin Rayhill at Stockade makes his own bottom metal, I ordered it along with a rollover thumbhole. Jeff is a great guy though and makes a great product, he might have a group buy on here for his bottom metal, check it out.