• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For The Switch Barrel Gurus

XL Mammal

Red Five
Minuteman
May 17, 2005
TX
With 2012 rapidly approaching, I'm looking to slim down my rifle inventory to one "do-all" stick that I can carry everywhere for food procurement and long-range zombie suppression. I'd like to barrel it in .243, .308, and 7 WSM.

I'm planning on a Surgeon 591 WSM with Seekins WSM DBM.

Here are my questions:
1. Will notching the feed to shoot the 180s cause any issues feeding the other calibers?

2. I want one suppressor and would love a Shark but don't want the weight of the Tiger Shark. Looks like the Shark isn't rated for the WSM...so any suggestions? Sandstorm?

3. Anything I'm not considering? Any other suggestions?

Re: For The Switch Barrel Gurus

1) It should not affect feeding
2) Get an AAC thundertrap, I shot one this weekend that was on a 300 RUM and it did not bother it one bit. It has close to 2000 full bore factory 300 RUM's through it.
3) Dig extra deep bunker with triple redundant zombie proof doors

Thanks for the info, bohem. I'll look into an AAC.

Given that zombies often liberate themselves from the ground, I'm concerned with digging a bunker due to their inherent burrowing abilities. Considering a fortified tree house, instead, as I've never seen a zombie in a tree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mammal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2. I want one suppressor and would love a Shark but don't want the weight of the Tiger Shark. Looks like the Shark isn't rated for the WSM...so any suggestions? Sandstorm?

3. Anything I'm not considering? Any other suggestions?</div></div>

dude...there is such a small weight difference on the shark cans that , i'm talking nearly nothing.....you may wish to rethink as TI is the way to go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dude...there is such a small weight difference on the shark cans that , i'm talking nearly nothing.....you may wish to rethink as TI is the way to go </div></div>

So you're saying the weight difference between the Shark and 8.5" Tigershark is negligible? I'll definitely keep them in the running then. Thanks.

v4ur2o.jpg