• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ? For users of the ACCUPOINT AND/OR VX-R

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
I'm looking for a new scope for a new hunting stick and was curious for some feedback on the two scopes. Want an illuminated reticle, the Trijicon doesn't have the battery weakness.

Rem 700, SS 7mm-08, will have barrel shortened to 20" and more than likely use the HS 045 stock, liking the EGW base and rings.

Trijicon Accupoint and Leupold VX-R

Accupoint-think I'll go with the 3-9. Debating on the reticle, mildot w/green dot center or the green or red triangle. Since I would zero at 200, having the mildot allows for a hold over spot and the triangle, a true hold over, not a big deal since over 200 would be slim.

VX-R, Debating the 2-7x33 or the 3-9x40. I guess the big question is battery life and durability of the system.

I do wish the Accupoint had something like a 2-8 or even a 1-6 for the longer ranges. And the lower power will help with shorter distances.

I appreciate any input that you may have or a reasonable alternative recommendation.

Mark

Re: ? For users of the ACCUPOINT AND/OR VX-R

I have a few of each
Glass quality is equal in very very low light
I am running a 1.25 -4 patrol on my 556 for 3 gun and was using it this morning from 10 to 500 yards

On my 25-06 I am running the Accupoint 3-9 mildot greendot

I have tested the 2-7 firedot #4 and my brother is running on his 6.8 AR

I think you would be quite happy with one
It holds it's own against the 1.5-6x42 S&B I run on my 68

My son used my Accupoint last year on his 243, I stole it back and am putting a 2-7 Firedot #4 on his rifle

Leupold really did a good job on these scopes.
The illuminated dot can be set perfect for low light hunting and can be bright enough to pop in bright daylight.

I have posted Reticle pics and have more to put up.

Btw, sounds like an ideal hunting rig!

Decisions, decisions. What kind of battery life are you getting from The Leupold?

I let my son borrow my NF 1-4 from a 5.56 rig for his 6.8. I'm thinking the Trijicon 1-4 for his when I get the funds.

The Leupold seems like a better fit on my rifle when I get it done. I guess I have to figure it out soon!

I may use the Warne fixed steel rings and two piece base for this instead, like the looks and the steel would be solid.

image of the 2-7 Firedot #4 at 250 yards

firedot004.jpg

I went with the red triangle (TR20R) and Warne rings/bases. Can't wait to get her up and running!

Thanks for the help on it.