• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

? for you 6.5 grendel shooters

Re: ? for you 6.5 grendel shooters

nope, never really had the need, all my Cproduct mags run 100%
It would be cool to have a few Pmags in grendel cal though.
cheers.

Never tried it....it might work, but doubtfull, interior body isn't wide enough but only one way to find out...

The Pmags are great for 5.56. With my 7.62x51, I have to seat the bullets so the cartridges have a shorter overall length. Because the Pmags are plastic, they have to be thicker than metallic magazines. This additional thickness requires shorter overall cartridge length. With the Grendel, even IF you could get the rounds to feed (which is doubtful), you would still have the issue of shorter overall cartridge length.

The biggest differences between Grendel and 5.56 are the feed lips, and the depth of the groove in the rear of the magazine. In the Grendel, the groove is much more shallow. The magazines have to do this in order to allow the fatter Grendel rounds to "stack" correctly in the magazine. The stagger of the rounds is controlled by the groove in the rear of the magazine.

If you take ten Grendel cartridges and stack them the way they are lined up in a Grendel metallic mag, it might be around 3 inches tall (just for example..I don't know what it actually is). The same 10 rounds stacked in a 5.56 mag would take up 3.5-4 inches because the rounds aren't allowed to stagger as much due to the groove. This causes issues with both feeding, capacity, and the way the rounds rise to the top of the mag. Plus, because the rounds aren't staggered properly, they don't hit the feed lips correctly.

In short, it won't work without a tremendous amount of effort, and the amount of work and effort to try and make it work won't be worth the trouble.

Even if you worked flipping burgers, or selling oranges on a corner, you could probably earn enough money to buy a Grendel mag in less time than it would take you to get a 5.56 mag to work properly. I tried it just for fun with metallic mags and gave up.

I've been modifying PMAGs for about 18 months now to run (and feed flawlessly) WSSM ammo and a VLD version out to an OAL of 2.340"

I have no doubt that you can run Grendel ammo through them if you know what to mod and how to mod it.

I would be happy to do one, BUT the problem is that I don't have a Grendel to test it with.

I've had guys ask me to do .450 Bushmaster and .458 SOCOM PMAGS as well, but I haven't tried yet, also because I don't have an upper to test them with.