• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forearm Rail System

Chris399

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Who’s running a forearm rail system like the Area 419 or Ingenuity Gunworks? What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages? I am thinking about one for barricades but they seem to only work on certain types of barricades and I would still need a bag for pipe gates etc.

Please let me know your actual experiences

Thanks

Chris

From what I have seen there are a limited number of situations where these systems are truly applicable. I rarely see these at matches and when I do it is usually less experienced shooters using them. The top guys that I have seen and shot using just a Game Changer or similar type bag with the mini/heavy fill options being the trend.

Yeah, at the local match I've shot, there are about 2 stages where they may be useful. PRS "skills stage" and shooting from a window. These rail systems aren't really useful for the remainder of the stages. To this newish shooter, these rail systems look cumbersome to use. I prefer a fortune cookie, though I'm probably switching to a mini FC.

The real place the rail systems shine is allowing you to easily reposition your bipod, attaching to an Arca-type tripod head, and now with the attachable bag systems like the 419 Rail Changer and Rail Changer X.

Like the two gentlemen ahead of me said, the rails are very helpful for quickly sliding my bipod forward or rearward. When you're shooting off a barrel, or wooden spool, it helps to be able to reposition the bipod. I also do a lot of shooting off my tripod, so the quick lockup with my leveling base is really beneficial

Last edited:
I don’t shoot in competition, but I have a Sawtooth Rifle Arca rail on my AI AT with an Arca mounted Ckye-pod. Being able to move the bipod around is so darn convenient..I’m sold..Ray