• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forester dies backorder?

Pilotscrappy

Winter is coming
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
Spring Hill,Tn
Does anyone have info on what's going on with forester right now? I have had a full length resize die on order with optics planet (yea I know..) since last October...

I'm over 5 months waiting now and everytime I inquire with OP or check their site is says "expected to arrive in like 10-15 days or some bullshit.

Is this just optics planet hosing me, or is forester truly running this far behind on getting dies made?
I had no issues getting my seater die (forester) but can't seem to find the full length sizer anywhere..

I've never been much impressed with Optics Planet.

Looks like it's in stock at Forster.

Never mind. I just checked again, now says out of stock. Disappeared in about an hour.
Just FYI, I'm very pleased with my Redding set of 6.5 dies.

Last edited:
Optics Planet is very sneaky with their website and telling you
if a item is in stock. They have had many complaints and have
changed a little. Now under price, is usually a # count or says
if in stock or not.
Forster is a first rate company. I've been there, not far from me.
Small machine shop, just call and Jeanne will usually answer
right away and answer your question or get you an answer while
your on the phone. 815-493-6360

I have a Forster Bench Rest Micrometer seating die in 6.5 CM that I would be happy to part with. I can 'list it' in the FS to be within the rules if you are interested.

Is this just optics planet hosing me?

After 5 months of that and it's in stock in other places.... You seem like a slow learner. :ROFLMAO:
Just pulling your chain. But yes, it's just you getting hosed.

I have a Forster Bench Rest Micrometer seating die in 6.5 CM that I would be happy to part with. I can 'list it' in the FS to be within the rules if you are interested.
I actually have the seater and just looking for the sizing die now but thank you for the offer

Is this just optics planet hosing me?

After 5 months of that and it's in stock in other places.... You seem like a slow learner. :ROFLMAO:
Just pulling your chain. But yes, it's just you getting hosed.
Lol no. Shit man... I actually totally forgot about it and happened to be browsing optics plant and saw I still had a order that was "partially shipped" but yeah at this point I'll be canceling with OP and going with someone else.