• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foretrex 701 Zero Height/Offset Backwards

aaronk

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2018
Washington
Just got a new 701 and took it for a spin today. I noticed my zero height and offset are backwards though - as in a high zero needs to be entered as a negative value and the left offset needs to be entered as a positive value. This can't be just my unit can it? I'm running the latest software version.

Just got a new 701 and took it for a spin today. I noticed my zero height and offset are backwards though - as in a high zero needs to be entered as a negative value and the left offset needs to be entered as a positive value. This can't be just my unit can it? I'm running the latest software version.

First, let me preface this by saying I have no real knowledge regarding the 701. However, I'd intuitively think the required zero offsets are correct and not backwards per the following logic:

To correct impacts hitting high and left, relative to the zero point being aimed at, I need to drop the elevation and correct the windage to the right. This requires a downward/negative elevation correction and a rightward/positive windage correction.

I suppose how you interpret this all depends on whether you choose the bullet impact point or the point of aim as the center of your frame of reference.

Reactions: stellan0r