• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1 Efile didn't save.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Curious if this has happened to anyone before. I went through the eFile process for form 1 and when trying to sign and submit the site told me my user name and password were wrong. So I saved the form 1 and logged out and logged back in. It didn't save and I have already paid the $200 stamp. I've called the ATF only to be told to use the "Ask the experts" tab on the site, to which I haven't gotten a reply. This was a week ago. Despite having receipt number ticket and all. I haven't sent the rest of the documents because I didn't think the form 1 went through and didn't want to have to order fingerprints all over again.

I just did the eForm1, not for the first time , yesterday for a KAC sr25SBR build and it took me 1.5 hours of repeatedly almost getting to the finish line "pay & submit".....finally, after each section of input , I "saved" the file and incrementally got it done, but had to log on over and over again to finish the data input and was able to pay. Maybe Friday afternoon is not the best time to log in to the website.

Just had 8 sets of fingerprints made yesterday, ink still in the nail bed crevices.

Same thing happened to me over a month ago. When I called they gave me a different email address to use. I have emailed ask the experts and the second email address. No responses. Last time I emailed ask the experts it literally no exaggeration took a year to get a reply. I have now filled out and filled another form and this one I was able to sign and submit. Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.
    C.S. Shawn.

Same thing happened to me over a month ago. When I called they gave me a different email address to use. I have emailed ask the experts and the second email address. No responses. Last time I emailed ask the experts it literally no exaggeration took a year to get a reply. I have now filled out and filled another form and this one I was able to sign and submit. Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.
    C.S. Shawn.
    So you had to pay twice to file the other form 1 right?

This happened to me some month ago and it's so annoying, I guess you call them am sure they could help you out.

I just did the eForm1, not for the first time , yesterday for a KAC sr25SBR build and it took me 1.5 hours of repeatedly almost getting to the finish line "pay & submit".....finally, after each section of input , I "saved" the file and incrementally got it done, but had to log on over and over again to finish the data input and was able to pay. Maybe Friday afternoon is not the best time to log in to the website.

Just had 8 sets of fingerprints made yesterday, ink still in the nail bed crevices.

it took me 2 hours to files two Form 1’s yesterday.

I just resubmitted, I guess I'll call again to try and get my refund. @Shawn1492 How long did it take to get your $200 back?

Log in to your ATF e-forms account and you should see the following menu on the left of your screen.

My Forms
    Refresh

APPROVED
    DISAPPROVED
    SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
    Form 1

Click on submitted/in process and then form 1 and you should have your answer. If nothing shows up, your submission never went through.

Log in to your ATF e-forms account and you should see the following menu on the left of your screen.

My Forms
    Refresh

APPROVED
    DISAPPROVED
    SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
    Form 1

Click on submitted/in process and then form 1 and you should have your answer. If nothing shows up, your submission never went through.
    That’s what we are saying. On one of mine they accepted payment. I received receipt for my payment, I see the charge on my CC but when I hit sign and submit it kicks me out. I have tried several times a week for over a month. I have since filled out another form 1 paid and signed submitted.

My Forms
    Refresh

APPROVED
    DISAPPROVED
    SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
    Form 1

Yeah i know for fact it didn’t go through. But i paid $200 that’s my issue. I want my money back lol. I resubmitted successfully today.

Surely a charge back to your credit card works the same for a form 1 as it would for anything else…

Surely a charge back to your credit card works the same for a form 1 as it would for anything else…
    You can’t get ahold of any body to do the charge back is the problem. When you get denied for a typo they give you a charge back same day.

PSA on eform for first timers!! You get to be pissed twice or more!!

I just did my first e-form 1 SBR, quick turn around 41 days BUT you don't get a stamp, you get the NFA copy of the form with an un-cancelled stamp on it. I called the NFA and they said log in and Ask the experts, I said " shouldn't I get the applicant copy with a cancelled stamp" they said that's all you get with an e-form, Heads up because it sounds wrong but so is the ATF. So your approval email is all you get.

I just did my first e-form 1 SBR, quick turn around 41 days BUT you don't get a stamp, you get the NFA copy of the form with an un-cancelled stamp on it. I called the NFA and they said log in and Ask the experts, I said " shouldn't I get the applicant copy with a cancelled stamp" they said that's all you get with an e-form, Heads up because it sounds wrong but so is the ATF. So your approval email is all you get.

I did my first eFile in 2019 and it was the same back then, if I remember right. You never get a physical stamp, just the PDF with a digital stamp watermark.

Edit: Yep, my fall '19 eFile is the same. ATF copy, digital watermark stamp, box marked approved with electronic ATF approver signature.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mewillis

Glad to see that went through fairly quickly. I did 2 last year that went in 3 weeks and 10 days, but not expecting that now. Actually just about to fill out another F1 this morning just to have a stamp for another. If this ATR ruling on braces becomes law on Sept 8 I have a sneaking suspicion the FBI approval times are going to be so insanely far out it would make one sigh.

Reactions: mewillis
    That eforms site is a fucking embarrassment to technology. I think it was designed by a 10 year old and runs on a 1997 laptop. Its unbelievable to me that in 2021 I can click next on a web form, go drop a deuce, come back, and it still hasn't gone to the next page. It's like they're trying make a form 1 take as long as a form 4 just by running the site so ungodly slow...

That eforms site is a fucking embarrassment to technology. I think it was designed by a 10 year old and runs on a 1997 laptop. Its unbelievable to me that in 2021 I can click next on a web form, go drop a deuce, come back, and it still hasn't gone to the next page. It's like they're trying make a form 1 take as long as a form 4 just by running the site so ungodly slow...
    There is no question it's archaic at best and intentionally difficult at worst. Not sure which way I'm leaning, but I'm typing up my info for a 3rd F1 as we speak.....it do what it be

I have to say doing it this time around it seemed awfully easy it took me 15 minutes and was done....maybe I just remember how from last time a bit better. Web site still stinks though.

Forgot the other pleasant surprise, I rolled my own prints for the last 2apps., the 10 month Silencer had no issue but the 41 day
    eform also cleared. So at least they aren't slow walking prints which I have seen. Especially with the covid situation and "working from home"
    My local Sheriff still isn't printing...........

Quick question ?
    Reading few months back, There was talk of not giving out Form-1's on Can builds .
    Can use another rimfire suppressor . . So are they taking form-1 submissions and payments now ?, or still denying submissions ?

Quick question ?
    Reading few months back, There was talk of not giving out Form-1's on Can builds .
    Can use another rimfire suppressor . . So are they taking form-1 submissions and payments now ?, or still denying submissions ?
    There are people getting approvals now. Both cans, and SBR. Most had to play the "what materials" game, and then resubmit. Some chose not to resubmit after the denials

Reactions: softcock