• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1 engraving photo issue

JeffNC

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2021
New Hampshire, USA
I am trying to form 1 an SBR so I can add a buttstock. I filled everything in and validated all photos were added as required. On submission, my personal photo shows up but the photo of the engravings on the lower for the CLEO section do not show anything. Any thoughts on what would cause this?

I'm not sure the photos transfer to the CLEO copy anyway. Although, this would require more research on my part, as I have not done a F1 since the app change

@JeffNC my portrait photo always has shown. I don't know about the new attachment requirement. Seems I have read somewhere about others having the same issue, but I can't recall the outcome.

@JeffNC my portrait photo always has shown. I don't know about the new attachment requirement. Seems I have read somewhere about others having the same issue, but I can't recall the outcome.
After digging some more, I guess the CLEO copy isn’t supposed to have photos? For some reason the first one I did had a photo there so maybe I broke the ATF website or something.

After digging some more, I guess the CLEO copy isn’t supposed to have photos? For some reason the first one I did had a photo there so maybe I broke the ATF website or something.
Lol. That shit website is ALWAYS broke 🤣

They have had on going issues with your photo being dropped. They report it's a system glitch and surprised it's still ongoing. My last one had this issue, denied, had to resubmit and that photo was sideways but accepted. I would call them as they were helpful on the re submittal and approval time

Last edited:
Reactions: AMGtuned
They have had on going issues with your photo be dropped. They report it's a system glitch and surprised it's still ongoing. My last one had this issue, denied, had to resubmit and that photo was sideways but accepted. I would call them as they were helpful on the re submittal and approval time
I sent in a info request with the application number but I know how quick they respond to those so trying to confirm if I should bother submitting prints 🤔

When I did mine (a while back now) I had what I thought was the same issue. I believe the system is set up to do that. Or from what I was told. It gives the LE your serial number and personal info but leaves out the pic. I checked what sent to the atf and everything was correct on that one

Pretty sure our LE department just tosses them anyway. It’s just a nice gesture on the part of the atf to let them know. They could care less and don’t take up space with that info to my knowledge

Last edited:
I had the same question on my first F1. (also an AR pistol to SBR) None of my pics were in the CLEO copy, and my selfie pic was also sideways. It was approved in 9 days.

I've never seen any photos (passport photo or engravings) on the CLEO copy of a F1.