• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1, Multi-cal

Fritzcat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2007
Texas Tyler
Is it possible to file a Form 1 on a Supp. as Multi-cal. It worked on my SBR, but have not heard anything on a can. Thanks.

Re: Form 1, Multi-cal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritzcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it possible to file a Form 1 on a Supp. as Multi-cal. It worked on my SBR, but have not heard anything on a can. Thanks. </div></div>
Nope, can't be done.

How long ago did it work on your SBR? Lately they aren't even allowing that anymore. You have to list a specific caliber.

2 years ago on the SBR. Everyone makes one to use on different cal. Do you have to list the largest one?

You are not allowed to have extra baffles at all, or to replace them unless it is done by a SOT class 2. Plenty of people use a 30 cal can on a 22 cal firearm though.

Ranb

So you can make your own suppressor, but have to let someone else change baffles? Is the .22 cal the only take apart?

I make my own silencers on ATF form 1's. I can make repairs, but they are limited to those that do not lengthen the can, change the bore or result in parts replacement. The ATF has made one exception for parts replacement by non SOT class 2's, and that is replacement of wipes (rubber disks) after destroying the old ones.

You can make the silencer any way you want. I have take apart 22, 30, 9mm, 458 and 50 caliber cans. So far the only sealed cans I have made are those intended for 5.56 and 308/338.

Yeah the law sucks. You need to make it good and right the first time.

Ranb

Thanks for the info, I was comeing back to ask about the ones with the wipes.

Don't use wipes, they make a little bit of quiet difference for a big drop in accuracy. Wasted 200 bucks for a Form 1 my dad built with wipes.

His first form 1 is a .50 cal that is large enough to silence a full bore 45-70 and still does a dandy job shutting up the 22LR's.

If you only want to pay for one, make it a reflex style mount so that it stays well supported and centered and run it in 50 cal.

If you haven't seen a reflex, just goodle "reflex suppressors" they're a UK company.