• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1 SBR (10 Day Form Period) Questions.

tru3skilla

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2023
Seattle, WA
I e-filed my Form 1 on a Kriss Vector on Dec 28th. Fingerprint Card, Printed Copy and Cover Sheet was delivered on Jan 3rd.

Should I see any type of update showing "working" or "in process" when I log in? My fear is that maybe they don't process it before the 10 days and its thrown out...

Any ideas?

Reactions: MAGnificient
When you submitted the form 1 you should be able to log in, pull up the submitted form and it will say "submitted in process" across the front. You will not get an email showing delivery of the cover letter and print cards nor any "progress" of the form review. You will receive an email from them when it's approved with copy attached.

If you are wondering about them receiving the cover letter and print cards within the 10 business days, you've answered your own question as it shows delivered.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
When you submitted the form 1 you should be able to log in, pull up the submitted form and it will say "submitted in process" across the front. You will not get an email showing delivery of the cover letter and print cards nor any "progress" of the form review. You will receive an email from them when it's approved with copy attached.

If you are wondering about them receiving the cover letter and print cards within the 10 business days, you've answered your own question as it shows delivered.

Yeah I was more curious if it sits in a bin at the ATF for 3 weeks and isn't processed will my submission just be auto cancelled due to the 10 day period.

or

Does it sit open for a month and they just make sure that the cards were received within the 10 day period. That was my confusion. I'm sure I just need to chill out and I'm overthinking it.

Was just curious as I just found out that they now accept digital .EFT fingerprints on Form 1's.

Provided it's post marked and delivered, you are fine. The form 1's go fast unlike the convoluted form 4 process. There is zero reason why one can't do their own form 4 as a form 1 is done. Too many steps involved and I don't see why or maybe there's a reason I don't understand.

He's referencing the 10 day period one has to submit the cover letter and 2 completed finger print cards to the WV office. You now have an option to submit an electronic finger print file in lieu of the digitized hard copies. Guessing you are joking though and know all of this. Some form 1's are coming back within a week though!

He's referencing the 10 day period one has to submit the cover letter and 2 completed finger print cards to the WV office. You now have an option to submit an electronic finger print file in lieu of the digitized hard copies. Guessing you are joking though and know all of this. Some form 1's are coming back within a week though!

Thanks.
I kinda figured it was something like that, but didn’t actually know for sure. I’ve got a decent handful of both F1s and F4s, but they were all done prior to 41F, so I’m playing catch-up on the newer rules.

What's with the 10-day form, anyway?
Seem like I need to perform a couple more SBRs, but I've never heard of this.

The OP is referencing the BATFE email letter that is sent to you when your eForm is ready for final approval.
It looks like this.
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 7.57.37 AM.png

Reactions: Yondering
I’ve been told multiple times by phone operators at the NFA that they actually allow 45 days for prints to come in. You’ll be fine.

I have sent in prints a few weeks beyond the 10-day window without an issue. Not endorsing this behavior, just reporting on personal experiences.