• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1 sbr build DOJ question

gunfreak101

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
Alabama,
I did a sbr build and filed a form 1 with my gun trust to the Dept. Of Justice and my check was deposited by them on 1/4/13 (223) days ago. I would like to check with them and see what the status is. Should I contact them or just wait usually they say it takes about 200 days after your check is cashed on form 4 but I am not sure about form 1. What should I do?

To get the status of your transfer, call the ATF's NFA Branch at 304 616-4500

everything from what i know is running 6-8 months on approvals/stamp recieved.

personally, i would just wait. they will contact you through a letter if something is incorrect etc.

you may also want to use the "suppressor" forum as it has the most of the info you need...

Need to know the pending date. Generally 6 months from pending. Pending has been taking up to 2 months since last December. I bet you are pretty close. If you get your pending date and your examiner you can watch nfatracker to get a good idea.

I just got the approved status on a Form 4 7/31/13 and I submitted my forms on 12/19/12, check was cashed on 12/26/13. So approx. 7.5 months for me.

Well since my check was cashed is that a good indication that everything is ok. I am just concerned because this was the first one I did my self.