Form 1'ers: your fav 30cal build

8pointer

Major Award Winner
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2018
I'm in no hurry grabbing kit just yet can just so I have it ready by mid October. Got my trust and paper stuff done gonna submit it Monday after triple checking....really want to narrow my list of tubes down for a build. though. I've read the form 1 experiences and some nice things about a ton of different makes. As with any product search sometimes the brain gets cornmystified after about post # 500. Feel free to expound or keep it pithy thanks all. I know some of you guys have built a stable of them, learned some lessons and I'd like to learn from that as well. This will be shot on a semi-auto 308.

Last edited:

Mike Casselton

Trunk Monkey
Belligerents
Nov 25, 2007
Lithia, FL
Don,
He's not with the Goobermint.
Dan, myself and another local Tampa area Hider are trying to gather Ti tubes and cups so we can build our form-1 cans.

Originally we were gonna use Diversified Machine, but between the long wait times and absolutley zero communications from them, they are out of the picture.

Hence the thread from Dan asking about favorite suppliers.

Any help we can get from you guys as far as availability, quality and just overall satisfaction with the product will be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Reactions: AMGtuned

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
I have an order in with superprecisionconcepts.com for Ti. It was in stock at the time, and the size I'm looking to work with for my first of 2 Form 1 cans. This one will be for a 5.56 gassed, and primarily live on a 10.5" host. 30 cal AR platform can would not be too much different in design. I was able to Jump on a group buy at form1suppressor.boards.net and should be receiving some nice 17-4 heat treated cones. Lots of learning to do in the Form 1 world, I have thoroughly enjoyed what I've indulged in so far.

8pointer

Major Award Winner
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2018
I have an order in with superprecisionconcepts.com for Ti. It was in stock at the time, and the size I'm looking to work with for my first of 2 Form 1 cans. This one will be for a 5.56 gassed, and primarily live on a 10.5" host. 30 cal AR platform can would not be too much different in design. I was able to Jump on a group buy at form1suppressor.boards.net and should be receiving some nice 17-4 heat treated cones. Lots of learning to do in the Form 1 world, I have thoroughly enjoyed what I've indulged in so far.
Thank you I had not heard of them....like that they have their version of a Plan B to go with my existing Cherry Bombs. Thanks....please keep us up to date on your progress.

Reactions: AMGtuned

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 24, 2010
Michigan
What length tube do you want to run? I'm not sure how much the loss of 1in and at least 1 baffle will make, others might be around to say. However if you're willing to go with a 8in can Maverick Precision Ti tubes are probably the best on the market. The nice thing with them is the 2in step you have to base your spacers and baffles on. I don't have any form 1 cans as all of mine are form 4. But I have seen in person the MP tubes and are beefy but extremely well made. I've heard good things about SPC but I don't believe they have the reinforced 2in step.

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
I have read lots of mixed reviews regarding DM. While most are happy with the product, and what they offer looks outstanding, it seems that most dont like the lack of communication. Do remember though; these are solvent catch solution companies, whose products are possibly being used in a manner other than described, so I understand their reservations in discussing things at length or at all. Will keep you all posted for sure, good luck yourself.

8pointer

Major Award Winner
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2018
What length tube do you want to run? I'm not sure how much the loss of 1in and at least 1 baffle will make, others might be around to say. However if you're willing to go with a 8in can Maverick Precision Ti tubes are probably the best on the market. The nice thing with them is the 2in step you have to base your spacers and baffles on. I don't have any form 1 cans as all of mine are form 4. But I have seen in person the MP tubes and are beefy but extremely well made. I've heard good things about SPC but I don't believe they have the reinforced 2in step.
I currently run a Q Thunder Chicken which is 1.75" diameter and 8"....figured I'd stick in that neighborhood since it's served me well. That's as long as I'd want to run, but could probably live with 7"? Have looked at Mav as well thanks

WTFDUDE

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2020
SD Tactical Arms is ok.
would not recommend using solventtubedirect, aside being overpriced have seen reports of lacking quality.

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jul 24, 2010
Michigan
Having looked into doing a form 1 at one point I'd say if you're going to go that route don't stray from the better manufacturers such as Maverick and SPC and or Muted Machines. The only other option is if you can either find someone or manufacture the baffles yourself. ECCO and Curtis Tactical are two I'm aware of that will do that but consider the cost it might be best to buy a form 4 can.

bob3663

Private
Belligerents
Feb 23, 2017
Pa
I have a .30 cal form1 I did.
Maverick Raven 8” tube
White Trash Tactical cups. 2 SS the rest TI
Silencerco ASR Mount.

Clip your baffles some when you pop the holes. I used a .25 Ball Nose end mill. Holes are bored to .375 diameter for clearance. You want roughly .03 on each side of bore for clearance. .308+.03+.03. Round up to .375 and use a 3/8 drill if you can get them bored.
Wait til right now is around 30 days for approval. Get your fingerprint cards directly from ATF and ink pad from amazon. I used the ink less one. It is accepted by the ATF.

Attachments