• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 3 Transfers

sunburned

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Buncombe County, NC
Are Form 3 transfers backlogged also? I'm going on 6 weeks for a can to get to my dealer. The sending dealer supposedly had the item in stock, ready to ship.

Re: Form 3 Transfers

I'd say yes.

I waited 2 months for my dealer to transfer in more YHM 7.62 Titanium suppressors so I could claim one for myself.

It seems to vary some. The last time I talked to NFA branch in August they were quoting 45 days, but I've seen them taking under 30 on some forms as well. Generally I'll quote 4-6 weeks as being a safe bet.

It all depends on what state the sending dealer or manufacturer is located. Some states that we order from have suppressors to me in 3 weeks. Others take around 3 months. Buying direct from Yankee Hill takes a long time to get to dealers as well.

I've had one recently go through in 2 weeks, but had a few that I had filed before that one that still haven't cleared. It is a crapshoot on clearing times.

It seems hit or miss. I had one that just took 2.5 weeks. Another that took 3 weeks. I just got 6 cans in on form3 that took 6 weeks, and I just had one shipped today that was 14 days.