• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 3 wait time??

skeeter355

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
Have a Thunderbeast I ordered from a dealer in WA and it has been 2 months since he submitted the Form 3 and it is still pending! Did they fire more inspectors or what! Form 3s usually take 4 weeks so are Form 4s taking double the original time?

Skeeter

I spoke with Jon at Allans arms yesterday and they said form 3's have gotten in the 8 week range now ... but a few weeks ago we had 2 from them get approved in 9 days! and that was just unheard of. guess it got put in the right stack lol

Hope there is room in this boat for more! I'm in the 2 month range waiting on the Form 3. Talked with the dealer Monday and he said the person he typically talks with is no longer in that position.

This is a large waiting game.

Well just talked to Gemtech in Boise and thanks to our government trying to make sequester hurt, the NFA has been reduced by the politicans. So they are seeing 10 weeks as the norm for Form 3s. I am sure that will also affect Form 4s so they want us to cry to the Repubs to spend more!! Ain't happening.

Skeeter

just got my form 3 approved today, hope it wont take forever on the form 4, Form 3 filed on: 2013-03-20 Form 3 cleared on: 2013-06-03

Just seen this today for my 338BA on Thunder Beast Arms status page.
Form 3 filed on: 2013-04-04
Form 3 cleared on: 2013-06-17

Last update we got from the ATF; The ATF recently fired all (and subsequently rehired some) of their contracted help. Per our examiner, they also did away with overtime and take-home work. We all got used to 3-6 weeks on Form 3s, but it's looking like 8-12 weeks is going to be the new reality until that situation improves.

Mine took 3 months for my shark can will be heading to the form 4 line for the next 6-7 months

What is the longest a form 3 should take? The dealer I bought from says the Form 3 would be started around February 15, but I can't get him to answer the phone or text messages in order to get an update. I also can't get him to send a copy of the Form 3 to my SOT. I am starting to wonder if the Form 3 paperwork was ever started. Any suggestions?

Form 4 was 7 months sent in late nov 2012 got it back late June 2013. The story I got was no processing was done for a month after sandy hook.

Man, threads like this make me appreciate living in NZ: I went from a state that didn't allow suppressors to a country that doesn't regulate them. No forms, no waiting time, just pick one up at the gun store and drive home or build one in your garage. On the downside however, most of the suppressors here are pretty cheap and simple, not the kind of quality and performance you get from the US brands.

Form 4-Called ATF Tuesday of last week for status via serial number; took 9 weeks to the day from check deposit to examiner assignment, slated for March 2014 approval. TOTAL CRAP!!!

Form 3 filed by Daniel Defense on 4/23/13 and approved by the ATF on 7/12/13...10 weeks on the nose.